in town for free camps
David Brandon is Awesome
EDIT: If you're tired of comments on the MSM, you might want to avoid this. Based on prior similar posts (and the number of responses to those posts) I judged that it may be of interest to a subset of the readership.
Most avid MGoBlog readers have seen this post: http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/brandon-no-monday-announcement
Here are some additional details:
* Tom Dienhart, who is one of my favorite members of the lamestream media (LSM), posted this early yesterday: https://twitter.com/TomDienhart/status/7488853665382400
* To a guy from CBS, Brandon's tweet was interpreted as a response: http://college-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/260... NB: MGoBlog is listed among the "respected sources," unlike Dienhart.
* This morning, Tommy is still on the case with this jewel: http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1157352 Among the choice tidbits in that column are "From the get-go, Rodriguez has seemed like a bad fit for Michigan," "But some [ED: Like Tom!] feel that may not be enough for him to keep his job,"and "RichRod's biggest sin may not be his inability to develop a defense. It may be that under his watch, Michigan's football program is on probation for the first time." Cue the Sparty voice: "MAJOR violations ... huh, huh!"
- - -
* Is Dienhart to Purdue as The Freep (which, btw, classifies Tom as an "expert" ... http://www.freep.com/article/20101124/SPORTS06/101124049/) is to Michigan State?
* Does any "national columnist" add less value to the college football discussion than Tom? Bleacher Report people don't count.
**Note: Sorry if some of this is redundant with any other posts/diaries. I'm short on time**
I was able to attend the Alumni Association Tailgate before the Michigan-ND game today (great game)! AD Brandon did a Q&A session at it. I thought I'd pass on a few of his thoughts/answers. Nothing to earth shattering, but probably of interest to at least a few folks. I'm trying to provide the answers as quotes, but this was transcribed on my phone as he was talking, so it's bound to contain some paraphrasing.
From his opening remarks:
Sorry this isn't really 'original' from the perspective of me creating it, but it seemed kind of long to put in a Board.
the more i hear him the more i love the guy. favorite part is about 8 minutes in when he just shuts huge up when he asks him about RR's job security. you can tell Huge respects this guy and doesn't want to piss him off.
One way to know that David Brandon is awesome? Not only does he say great things, but he does NOT say stupid things. A quote from Minnesota AD Joel Maturi on adjusting schedules to fit in Nebraska since they're already set through 2013.
It may not be easy but that is only because it is difficult and challenging.
The University of Minnesota: Where things aren't easy if they're difficult.