"The University of Illinois is also in turmoil. The university sports an Interim Chancellor, an Interim Athletic Director, and an Interim Football Coach; the game will be played at Soldier Field, making this an Illini Interim Home Game."
Whenever schools have problems with rule breakers, it seems there are always articles and comments about how "hard" it is for a football coach to know everything that is going on in their program and what all 85+ young men are up to. For all those overworked coaches and compliance officers out there, here is a predictive model that I have developed to help you.
Answer just seven questions, see what your players score is on my 100 point scale, and determine if your player is a risk to take down your program!
1. How many stars was this young man given coming out of high school (5 stars = 10 points, 4 = 6 points, 3 = 3 points, 2 = 1 point, 1 = zero points)
2. Was this young man ranked #1 nationally at his position. If yes and he is a; QB = 15 points, RB = 10 points, K/P = 0 points, other OFF/DEF = 8 points
3. Give this young man 0-20 points based on your perception of his off field decision making. This can include things like arrests, classwork, traffic citations, etc. The worse the decision making the more points (up to 20)
4. Give this young man 0-30 points based on your perception of his sense of entitlement. This can be based on such things as how highly he was recruited, the number of press conferences he had, the size of his entourage, the number of "mentors" and "handlers" he has, etc. the higher his sense of entitlement the more points (up to 30).
5. How rabid is your fan base about college football? 0-10 points (e.g. Alabama = 10, Duke = 0)
6. What percent of your fan base actually attended your school? 0-5 points (% who didn't attend * 10)
7. Are you selling his replica jersey? (yes = 10 points, no = 0 points)
Now just add it all up...
90+ points = Start planning for sanctions right now
70-90 points = Likely violater
40-70 points = watch out
<40 points = recruit these kids to watch the other kids
Let's apply this model to TP... 10 points + 15 + 20 + 30 + 8 + 3 + 10 = 96 points out of 100
I'll get right on that - Happy Easter! jt
According to ESPN scrawl and update.
Sorry to go off topic a little bit, but I out of the blue the other day started thinking whatever happened to LaVell Blanchard. So I went to the answer all of our questions, Google, and found my answer. He's currently making the rounds in Europe, and has been progressively climbing the ladder in terms of competitive leagues. I always like to keep track of former Michigan athletes, and I thought others might feel the same way. Go Blue!
I just stumbled on this shirt on M Den. Are they serious? Did they get this idea from a circa 1999 Abercrombie t-shirt? Unbelievable. Who would buy this? This is appalling.