I'VE HAD JUST ABOUT ENOUGH OF YOU SONNY
So the football season is upon us and I am still pondering a new Jersey. Dilemma is i can not find one i like in my size. I have a longer torso and i do not like tight fitting apparel. I desire a 54/56 size jersey. All i can find is a #5.....
Can anyone help me out?
Im looking for a few different numbers. Such as 55, 20, 2,10,21, 7, or 1
CBS Sports has an interesting article that concludes that Michigan and Ohio State are far more valuable to the conference if they split, creating the Hayes and Schembechler Divisions. I must say this idea has grown on me, and I have gone from "absolutely not", to seeing the merit. I've listed some pro's and con's below, with the understanding that Michigan and Ohio State must play during the regular season every year regardless of Divisions.
- I really think that having Michigan and Ohio State in the same division throws the power into one division too strongly and the only way to compensate is to have State level of competition as the other 4 teams, and that isn't good for any conference.
- The idea of having Michigan, State, Iowa and Nebraska in the same division is exciting, and creates a good competitive division while securing the inner division rivalries that you want to keep/create (UM/MSU & IA/NE). How great will it be to put little brother in their place year after year?
- It sets us up for the potential of two Michigan / Ohio State games many years. Say that again, 2 of "The Game." I don't know about you but on The Game Day, I'm up by 5am scouring online for any last minute morsels of info, waiting for ESPN Game Day to start. Once the game starts I'm sick to my stomach unable to keep anything down, yelling at the screen, pleading with the screen, cursing that the players don't care as much as I do with every missed tackle. In short, I'm loving every minute of it, and to be able to do that twice, well it just couldn't be better.
- Ohio State can catch up twice as quick. Assuming we return to 2006 glory, but find ourselves the 2nd best team in the conference, OSU would have a clear opportunity. The only thing I can brag about to Ohio State Fan who finds me in a crowded diner in AZ somehow weekly, is that in the end the Overall Record stands with Michigan leading, 57–43–6. As bad as it has been the last few years, overall we have still pounded those cellar dwellers, and I feel we will again shortly.
- We are going to have to move The Game Part I to earlier in the season. This is not uncommon for rivals to meet earlier in the season, and will give both parties the ability to bounce back from Part I in the standings. The good news is that if things go to plan we will still plan on meeting on the last game of the season and play for all the marbles.
While there are clearly some disadvantages I have come to the realization that they don't outweigh the positives and if you factor in just the monetarial benefits for the conference I think it again makes an overwhelming argument. Now all we have to work on is to get them to name the conferences after the true great ones.
Not too exciting, but they are huge!
Article on ESPN about the eagles training camp. Lists the biggest surprise thus far in camp as none other than Brandon Graham. Not an eagles fan but I'm excited to watch him play this year, hopefully he keeps it up.
Here's the link;
Apparently, he listened to the seniors wishes and will elect two permanent captains. They were to be notified tonight:
As noted below, Moundros and Schilling have been chosen as the permanent selections.
The 2010 Michigan Football roster has been released. As with last year, I just happened to be on MGoBlue.com, mid-Diary, when it was put up. Either this is an amazing coincidence, or I spend way too much time making MGoDiaries.
If you're anything like me, you like to sit around imaging incoming freshman in their proper numbers becoming awesome (or just have a worrisome obsession with numeric accuracy in your NCAA dynasties). As you imagine the Class of 2010 winning Big Ten Championships and Heisman Trophies, and wrecking people wearing scarlet shirts with gray hats covered in bird poop, may your imaginations now reflect accurate jersey numerals.
|24||Cullen Christian||CB||6'0||187||Wore 24 in HS|
Teric Jones is listed at safety, which, okay, a 5'9 converted tailback to cornerback is now at safety when cornerback depth is – we know this – terrifying. That just made me so much more comfortable with safety. Actually, it did.
Moundros is listed as "FB/LB" – he will try to earn a linebacker spot in Fall. If he makes it, expect to not see a fullback very much next year (RR at WVa. used to use walk-ons here but only one other guy, junior John McColgan, is listed at FB).
Justin Turner is listed at 6'2, 198, and a cornerback. He is also a redshirt freshman, by the way, for those ready to yell "bust" or demand a position switch.
Brandin Hawthorne, a linebacker before, is listed at Safety. I believe he is on the depth chart for Steve Brown's old position, the "Meat Raw" or "Spur" or "Spinner" or "Deathbacking Deathbacker of Dealt Doom" spot, since other guys mentioned this spring at Spinner were Thomas "Prison Abs" Gordon and Mike Williams, both listed as "S."
Ricardo Miller, as we learned in Spring Ball, got 82. Prediction based on zero evidence other than pixie dust and dreams: those digits eventually work their way down to a much smaller number.
In case one being 6'3, 248 and the other being 5'11, 171, isn't enough to tell Terry Talbott from Terrence Talbott, the elder/larger/DT one is 96, the younger/more slender/CB one is 22.
Six of the 33 walk-ons (not including Kovacs) are safeties. These include Zac Johnson, Jordan Reilly, Floyd Simmons, Matthew Cavanaugh, Jared Van Slyke and Karl Tech. The scholarship safeties are Cam Gordon, Vlad Emilien, Brandin Hawthorne, Thomas Gordon, Teric Jones, Carvin Johnson, Marvin Robinson, Josh Furman, Ray Vinopal, Jordan Kovacs and Mike Williams. That's four linebackers, a converted RB/CB, four true freshmen, a former walk-on, and a terror.
Also on Ware's profile is a link to a contest to win a Michigan-painted Deuce Coupe at the MSU game for buying $X worth of Adidas gift cards. If anyone wins this, can I have it?
Former preferred walk-on QB Nader Furrha wasn't on the roster. Is he done? His bro's still around.