a vitally important recap of all the dumb tweets sent during the Harbaugh coaching search
Uploaded by Karpodiem.
There are quotes aplenty in here. Commence reading between the lines:
* Goricki has been Sparty-friendly in past articles. Did he ignore RichRod-friendly coaches here? Who knows?
* The first guy quoted is Patrick Threet of St. Clair Shores Lakeview. Steven's brother? :) He doesn't appear to be a RichRod fan. Samples:
"... you can definitely feel there's a leadership vibe there (with Hoke) that will relate to the hard-working people of Michigan ..." (Hopelessly vague ...)
"When you look at Michigan State, they won the state in recruiting and I think it shows." (Whatever ...)
"There was a little bit of arrogance (with Rodriguez)."
* Next up, the somewhat famous John Herrington of Farmington Hills Harrison:
"I thought Rodriguez was a very good coach, an offensive genius. I think it will be different where Brady will recruit Michigan harder and not just go to Florida and California (like Rodriguez) ..." (I find this much more interesting, because Herrington's opinions probably carry some weight. Even he seems to believe that RichRod didn't spend enough time in Michigan.)
* How does everyone feel about Hoke downshifting from a BlackBerry to a "regular" cell phone? Offhand I can't imagine why someone would voluntarily trade down in that area, but maybe that's just me. More important, what does it say about his modernity? Coaches are still allowed to text these days, right? (I'm assuming he wouldn't be enthusiastic about texting with only number keys.) Does he risk being perceived as out-of-touch by players? I could see where some people, like Coach Threet, could find the idea appealing.
AFAIK, the visitors are Tamani Carter, Frank Clark, Justice Hayes, Stefan McClure, Tony Posada, Raymon Taylor, Matt Wile and Leilon Willingham. I'm hoping that Posada will reaffirm his commitment and Wile will be the next in, but all I've heard so far is Justic Hayes tweeting that it's "Cold den a mugg!"
Thomas Rawls will announce his decision on the 31st of January, it's between UM and CMU, although he doesn't have a Michigan offer yet.
That might change next weekend when he takes his official visit to Ann Arbor. Rawls has refused to reveal his new ACT score, because he wants to surprise people on the 31st. I think he'll inform the coaches next weekend that he has qualified, and then he'll get the offer that Fred Jackson has been DYING to give him.
Then of course he'll accept and become part of our class, and I for one would be thrilled. If you haven't seen his senior highlights, shame on you. Link below.
Does anyone know what the fate of the website that RR put up/had constructed. I went to the site a couple of days a go and it had a large "under construction" sign. It still had the big block M on it though. Anyone know what will happen to the site?
The best (only.) job types applicable to this board: A job at the University of Michigan Athletic Department.
The Athletic Communications Coordinator serves as the communications specialist for the football program and works directly with the U-M administrators, coaches, and student-athletes. [...] This individual has a range of responsibilities that includes writing, editing, designing, archiving, event management, facilitating interview requests and suggests story ideas to various media outlets about the football program.
There are qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field.
- Minimum of 5-8 years related experience in communications and sports information/media relations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to handle difficult and challenging issues/situations immediately.
There are other prefered qualifications as well. Good luck to those interested.