gambling establishment etc
Per Twitter and other sources, Indiana sophomore Hanner Mosquera-Perea was charged with an Operating While Intoxicated early this morning. It will be interesting to see how Tom Crean handles this. Does he come down hard knowing this is basically a lost season for them?
With only six regular season games left for our cagers and a B1G title on the line, I think there's one thing we'd all like to see - another thread on how good the basketball team might be in 2014/2015! Amirite?!?!
On second thought, how about a video of a guy who's probably going to be pretty good next year but who we don't even have to play this year because we're already pretty good.
Lunardi link (all standard Lunardi disclaimers apply): http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
Bracket Matrix: http://www.bracketmatrix.com/
- Lunardi now has us as a 2 seed, up from a 4 last week.
- 20 brackets on the Bracket Matrix updated yesterday. We were a 2 seed in one (seed-madness), a 3 seed in thirteen of them, a 4 seed in four of them and two idiots have us as a six seed. Said idiots are Drew's Bracketology and GMoneySportspage. I assume Drew and GMoney reside in Columbus or East Lansing. I didn't look because I don't want to click onto their pages.
- Bracket Matrix hasn't updated today, but yesterday's brackets account for the OSU win.
- Lunardi no longer mentions IU, not even in his first four out or his next four out. Thus the B1G has 6 bids.
- The Big 12 has 7 bids in Lundardi's.
- Lundardi also has MSU as a 2 seed.
- He lists Minnesota as an 11 seed, getting pretty close to a First Four game.
- Other B1G: OSU (6 seed); Iowa (5 seed); Wisconsin (4 seed).
- Lunardi projects that we will win the conference.
- OOC games that matter: Iowa St. (4 seed); Stanford (10 seed); Dook (2 seed); FSU (12 seed/First Four/second to last team in the field).
I know how badly everyone wants to watch this game. Some advice mute the volume Dakich was unberable this game. enjoy. GO BLUE!!
|Team||Record||Home||Home Wins||Home Losses||Home Remaining||Away||Away Wins||Away Losses||Away Remaining||Play Once|
|UM||10-2||5-0||NW, PSU, IOWA, PURD, NEB||N/A||WISC, MSU, MIN, IND||5-2||MINN, NEB, WISC, MSU, OSU||IND, IOWA||PURD, ILL||NW, PSU, @OSU, @ILL|
|MSU||9-2||4-1||OSU, MINN, IND, PSU||UM||NW, NEB, ILL, IOWA||5-1||PSU, IND, NW, ILL, IOWA||WISC||PURD, UM, OSU||MINN, @WISC, NEB, @PURD|
|IOWA||7-4||4-2||NEB, NW, MINN, UM||MSU, OSU||WISC, PURD, ILL||3-2||OSU, NW, ILL||WISC, UM||PSU, IND, MINN, MSU||NEB, @PSU, IND, PURD|
|WISC||6-5||3-3||IOWA, ILL, MSU||UM, NW, OSU||MINN, IND, PURD||3-2||NW, PURD, ILL||IND, MINN||UM, IOWA, PSU, NEB||OSU, MSU, @PSU, @NEB|
|OSU||6-6||3-3||NEB, ILL, PURD||IOWA, PSU, UM||NW, MINN, MSU||3-3||PURD, WISC, IOWA||MSU, MINN, NEB||ILL, PSU, IND||@WISC, UM, NW, @IND|
· Holds tie-breaker with MSU currently and ½ game advantage over MSU at the moment
· Perfect at home in conference but very difficult set of home games left
· Beat all other top 5 teams except Iowa on the road (makes that lop-sided affair even stranger)
· Easy road slate left
· Screwed over playing NW, PSU, and ILL only once and OSU only on road (except that worked out just fine!)
· Best road record of group- but only beat Iowa from top-tier and lost @WISC
· Tough road games left- especially @UM
· Iowa home game could be hugely critical- beat only 1 of 2 top teams at home so far
· Neutral-ish set of teams only played once
· 1/3 at home against top teams- test against WISC is critical- absolute must-win
· 1/3 on road against top teams also- game against MSU has same stakes as WISC game
· Screwed over terribly by playing 4 mediocre/bad teams only once
· Only play OSU and MSU once and both at home (it seems their schedule is always favorable…)
· 2/4 at home against top group
· Yet to play road game against top group- UM and Iowa games are absolute must wins
· Hard to see 5 losses winning conference- and hardest away games left of any top team (MSU is also hard but only 3 games left, and @NEB is no easy game)
· Most erratic top team (which is obvious since they are 6-6 I suppose) with 3-3 road and home records
· No major home victories and beat 2 of top 3 teams on the road
· MSU game at home only top team left but has lost to both top teams played at home so far
· Avoid 2 top teams for second game – can only blame inconsistency and lack of home-court dominance for why they have almost no chance of winning conference
|My random internet guy projections:|
|UM||14-4||I see UM losing one of the road games in disappointing fashion and one of either MSU or WISC game|
|MSU||14-4||Iowa at home could be tough, and OSU an UM at home- will lose 2 of those 3|
|IOWA||12-6||Likely 2 more away losses or at home against WISC|
|WISC||10-8||Only beating PSU on road and winning all at home or dropping another at Kohl and an upset on road|
|OSU||10-8||Other than home at MSU they play all winnable games- but its OSU this year so it seems like they will lose at least one other game|
Key for UM:
Win at home! If we beat MSU we control our destiny and our road slate is very manageable- plus a 4/2 home/road split is very favorable!
Not sure how no one has started to discuss this but today has been big so far. Syracuse hits a Brust-like buzzer beater to beat Pitt and Penn State comes back to beat Indiana in Bloomington. Also Illinois and Nebraska are battling it out in Lincoln.