|06/09/2018 - 1:34pm||Is it dumb? Yes.
Is it dumb? Yes.
We just need to start beating them consistently again. Feels like they have all the mojo, karma, luck, or whatever you want to call it in the rivalry right now.
|06/04/2018 - 9:01am||Aside from the head stomps||
Aside from the head stomps and kicks to the head while guys are down I see no problem with this. Wear a mouthguard and it is basically just like an organized mass mma fight between teams.
|05/31/2018 - 11:12am||Depends on the 9-3.
Depends on the 9-3.
9-3 with wins over ND, MSU and OSU looks alot different than 9-3 with losses to ND, MSU, and OSU
|05/31/2018 - 9:55am||[email protected], @msu, @nd, psu, and||
@osu, @msu, @nd, psu, and wisconsin will be very tough. And @nw and nebraska will probably be tougher than expected.
Patterson will be an improvement, but I don't think he will be a game changer. We will win and lose on the backs of the OL, Higdon, and Evans.
|05/29/2018 - 10:23pm||I think it is pretty clear||
I think it is pretty clear that a G5 team has 0% chance of making the CFP.
Their token inclusion of the highest ranked G5 team in the NY6 is literally to avoid anti trust litigation
|05/29/2018 - 10:15pm||We'll always have that catch||
We'll always have that catch amd run from the Ford Field practice
|05/29/2018 - 10:14pm||I don't give a rats ass about||
I don't give a rats ass about recruiting. Just win on Saturdays.
|05/22/2018 - 10:47pm||CFP sold a bill of||
CFP sold a bill of goods.
This change to 8 big ten games should happen immediately. Like this year. Just cancel the 4 year crossover game (wisconsin in our case) and lets get an FCS patsy like the SEC for this season. Then by 2019 the schedule can be fixed permanantly
|05/22/2018 - 5:57pm||Beating OSU
|05/20/2018 - 10:29pm||Inside knowledge that Blanco||
Inside knowledge that Blanco would have preferred to pitch less as she didnt like it.
|05/20/2018 - 7:57pm||We have one national title in||
We have one national title in the last 70 years. And that year we had the best college defender in history and the greatest qb in history was our backup.
What makes you think we can get 10 in the next 15?
We will be fortunate to get one national championship before Harbaugh's tenure is over
|05/20/2018 - 7:52pm||Damn they benefited from||
Damn they benefited from having the sierras during their first 2 years.
What accomplishments does this class have as upper classmen? One regular season big ten championship. That is pretty pedestrian for this program.
|05/18/2018 - 1:58pm||We play in the big ten and||
We play in the big ten and didnt play minnesota. Inflates the stats quite a bit.
|05/16/2018 - 4:01pm||Are neutron bombs something||
Are neutron bombs something that common infantry soldiers carry into battle?
Also it is "keep and bear arms". Two distinct verbs in that phrase. Limits on your right to bear arms, i.e. federal buildings, courthouses, etc. Dont impact your right to keep arms.
|05/15/2018 - 11:58pm||Shall Not Be Infringed.
Shall Not Be Infringed.
|05/15/2018 - 11:43pm||Fair enough. The point about||
Fair enough. The point about suicide still stands.
People who swim are more likely to drown too.
If you arent suicidal and dont commit crimes your chances of being killed by any gun are infintesimal.
|05/15/2018 - 3:56pm||That is because 2/3 of all||
That is because 2/3 of all gun deaths are suicides. If you arent suicidal the chance of being killed by your own gun are negligible.
|05/15/2018 - 10:48am||When seconds count the police||
When seconds count the police are always minutes away...
|05/12/2018 - 10:55pm||Fair enough. I guess||
Fair enough. I guess Michigan football has fallen off that much. I remember a time when any loss in the big house was considered a bad loss. Much less one to a Mountain West team.
|05/12/2018 - 10:53pm||Yeah of course. I still||
Yeah of course. I still think any loss in the big house to a non-P5 team is by definition a bad loss. Even if that non-P5 team ends up being a as good as UCF was this past year or Utah in 2008.
Do you think Oklahoma fans consider their loss to Boise St in the bowl game a "quality loss"?
|05/11/2018 - 10:46am||Allow them to sell their||
Allow them to sell their likeness as they please but the revenues have to be put in escrow until they are no longer eligible to play NCAA football.
If teams want to share revenues from amazon shows, or even bowl revenue (hey thats an incentive to win right?) Im fine with that.
|05/10/2018 - 11:56am||Well the softball academy is||
Well the softball academy is about fundraising for cancer. Fan interaction is a benefit for the participants not the primary goal of that event.
|05/07/2018 - 3:22pm||The c section scar is visible||
The c section scar is visible proof she puts out and cares about wear and tear on her undercarriage. Might as well be a bullseye.
|05/05/2018 - 9:06pm||The only hazing I encountered||
The only hazing I encountered in high school football was as a freshman the jv team made us clear their trays in the dining hall during football camp.
Stupid? Yes. But not the end of the world.
|05/03/2018 - 2:53pm||What is his signature moment||
What is his signature moment at UM?
If it is as you say a whiffed tackle vs osu then yes he was overrated.
|05/03/2018 - 2:49pm||The dream team snub for||
The dream team snub for thomas doesnt make stockton overrated. That was an MJ thing.
Isiah vs stockton, who would you take is a much different discussion than john stockton is overrated.
|05/02/2018 - 4:50pm||Yes, the hype that peppers||
Yes, the hype that peppers got was unfair to him. Nobody has a fair chance at living up to expectations of being the 2nd coming of woodson.
|05/02/2018 - 4:47pm||He played in a "dirtier" time||
He played in a "dirtier" time in nba history. Everyone from that era is considered "dirty" by today's standards.
|05/02/2018 - 4:37pm||Chad Henne.
Never beat OSU.
Never beat OSU.
|05/02/2018 - 4:33pm||Overratedness is a product of||
Overratedness is a product of hype. Peppers failed to deliver on the hype.
Best player on the team, but the pepcat only worked against rutgers and a 3-9 msu team. Iowa shut it down, Indiana shut it down, Osu shut it down.
Never played in a bowl game, never beat osu.
Hell what is his signature moment at UM?
Once in a generation talent? I think not. Denard is right there as a once in a generational talent and generations arent 2 years long.
|05/02/2018 - 4:25pm||Except the dude was a||
Except the dude was a lockdown defender and his 3200+ steals will likely never be broken.
He is not overrated. Very complete PG on both ends of the floor.
|05/02/2018 - 4:14pm||Favre is top 10, probably not||
Favre is top 10, probably not top 5.
Top 3 are brady, manning, and montana. The rest gets fairly murky but Id have marino, unitas, and elway ahead of favre.
|04/27/2018 - 10:16pm||Dont worry about Mo. Worst||
Dont worry about Mo. Worst case scenario he gets a job at alro steel
|04/22/2018 - 9:41pm||Losing to ucf in the big||
Losing to ucf in the big house is an ugly loss even if they go 13-0.
Rich Rod's loss to utah in 2008 was ugly even if they finished undefeated and beat saban's alabama in a bowl game.
|04/21/2018 - 7:31am||Online retail is driving huge||
Online retail is driving huge growth in delivery services. Not just UPS, FedEx, and DHL either.
|04/20/2018 - 3:51pm||Year round classes.
Year round classes.
The athletes are on campus year round in order to get their room and board stipend which is about 2 grand a month. They go to class too.
|04/18/2018 - 1:10pm||Let me paraphrase Sun||
Let me paraphrase Sun Tzu
Dont interupt your enemy when they are making a mistake
|04/17/2018 - 11:10pm||Legally speaking with a cpl||
Legally speaking with a cpl you could carry concealed anywhere on UM's campus that isnt a prohibited premise, i.e. dorms and classrooms, and stadiums or arenas, and theatres that seat 2500 or more. So library would be ok, diag would be ok, book store, etc.
As for open carry Im pretty sure the cops could ask you to leave if you were open carrying say in the ugli and if you refused they could arrest you for tresspassing. the university is a public place so the diag would get interesting.
But all this really only applies to non students since if you were a student you'd probably get expelled for violating the code of conduct.
|04/17/2018 - 10:46pm||Our secondary rival who||
Our secondary rival who finished the season 3-9. :(
|04/16/2018 - 9:35pm||What is even a close||
What is even a close 2nd?
Landing 1 recruit is relatively meaningless from a program perspective. I think getting Rudock for 2015 was a better coaching move than landing Gary, just because the impact of the QB position.
|04/15/2018 - 2:21pm||I mean I think we will win||
I mean I think we will win the game, but it won't be an easy out. And if we have offensive woes again then a middling Nebraska or even a road trip to Evanston could produce a loss.
It all starts up front. Hopefully Warriner is the solution there. Better OL play and a more mobile qb
|04/15/2018 - 2:15pm||Contstructive comment.||
Contstructive comment. Thanks!
|04/15/2018 - 2:10pm||Probably? Who is even a||
Probably? Who is even a close 2nd?
|04/15/2018 - 11:09am||Speight and O'Korn are gone.||
Speight and O'Korn are gone. Peters is probably not gonna start, and may end up 3rd on the depth chart (Go McCaffrey).
Defense is bringing back some dudes.
Probably won't make a difference though, @nd, @msu, and @osu is brutal. And then bringing psu and wiscy to big house? Ouch. And Scott Frost is out there too.
|04/13/2018 - 1:10pm||Of course it was.
Of course it was.
People act differently when they are on camera. Some better, some worse. But it was a distraction, especially to the qb room imo.
|04/09/2018 - 6:37pm||I hope people pay attention||
I hope people pay attention when voting for the MSU board of Trustees and don't just vote straight ticket.
|04/08/2018 - 3:37pm||There is a collective||
There is a collective approach and then there is having 1 guy call runs and 1 guy call passes. Think back to the scene where pep says, "run it Drev". If pep is in a play calling rythym he gets out of that rythym by letting drev call a run. Also there were times last year where we abondaned the run very questionably. I think harbaugh trusted pep more to call plays but pep could only call passes.
Agaim, input is not the as having 2 play callers.
As for why UM would want to rehab Peps image vs Drevno's... who of those two is on the staff right now?
|04/08/2018 - 1:05am||True, but what kind of leader||
True, but what kind of leader needs to be told verbatim what to say to rally the troops
|04/07/2018 - 10:29pm||1. Play names were way too||
1. Play names were way too long. As "the youngest team in America" we had no business trying to run with NFL play name schemes. I'm sure that contributed to the offensive woes. Makes Dantonio's comments about how we ran 40+ formations really hit home.
2. Having Pep call passes and Drev call runs really prevented continuity between the two phases of offense. I recall stretches of games where we just abandoned the run and in makes sense when you have two guys calling plays. I don't care who calls plays in 2018, but I really hope that we just have one play caller.
3. None of the QBs come off well. You feel for O'Korn because they highlight his relationship with Larry Prout, but when it comes to football it seems like he is the biggest frenemy. The scene with Speight at the soccer game bitching to his dad really rubbed me the wrong way. Dude you have to earn your spot every practice, that is big time college football and you threw two pick sixes the week before and struggled against Cincy. As much as they both bitched about playing neither one produced on the field. Peters isn't a leader, he is clearly introverted and doesn't have the football personality to take the team to the next level IMO. Maybe that is something that he can develop, but when Harbaugh says that he can have a timid personality but he needs to be loud on the football field I remain very concerned about the QB position for 2018. McCaffrey made a few cameo appearances but nothing of real substance and I don't think he said anything that made the final cut, although he wasn't a part of the story for 2017 as he was redshirting. Going into year 4 with all our QB hopes on a transfer, that may not even be granted eligibility, Peters, and then the Freshmen, heck even rustlings of a Speight return. Not good, and not what I expected in year 4.
4. Harbaugh isn't a great motivator. His stories are good, but he needs to get to the punchline much quicker and not linger on certain aspects or details like he tends to do. Honestly I cringed a bit when he was telling the story about carrying his son down the stairs and relating it to ball security. And every time you turn around he is talking about when he played at Michigan this or when he was a player that. Seems like he is making an effort to be a player's coach but doesn't know how to do that.
5. Don Brown is the best coach on our staff. Some of you might not like how much he says the 'F' word but his players clearly respond to him. I do worry how much he says to the defense that they don't need any help. It makes me worry about team cohesion, especially when the defense is so much better than the offense.
6. Honestly, with how they focus on and portray Pep it seems like a PR move to change the fans perception of him. And it may have worked on me. I think I'm ok with him being the sole play caller as he seemed to get guys open, our QBs just couldn't connect. Plus who is the alternative? McElwain? LMAO!
7. 2018 can't come fast enough. Go Blue! Beat ND!
|04/07/2018 - 3:26pm||Because vacating a win isnt||
Because vacating a win isnt the same as reversing the outcome