mesmerism! presidential assassinations! circuses on fire!
General Offseason Plan
Hello! Given the traffic numbers around these parts, most of you came aboard during this season. Those of you who were around this summer get free hats.* Those of you who were around last summer get free lycra bodysuits.** If you are still around, you should know the following things about the offseason around here:
- Posting will slow. When things are happening, I'll generally keep up an in-season post rate of 2 or 3 a day, most of considerable length. This usually happens around signing day and in the week or two before the season. If the hockey team and basketball team are doing things of note, that may be any time until March or April. If not -- and this season the basketball team definitely fits under "not" -- there will be about one post per day.
- Basketball will not have a lot of effort dumped into it. They're really brutal this season and I'm just not that into college basketball. Hideous refereeing, that kiddie three-point line, and games against Northwestern are detraction enough when your team is better than the Wildcats. When it's debatable? Not so much.
- Hockey will get regular coverage. I know 99% of you don't care. This is your fault, and you should feel shame.
- Attention will wander. Not everything around here will be Michigan-related during the summer. I'll occasionally post about the Pistons and other things.
- Projects will be undertaken. I have heard the cries for a more structured comment system and will endeavor to make that a reality; give me a couple months. I tentatively plan to move to wordpress, integrate a vbulletin system, and resurrect MGoBoard now that there's sufficient traffic for people to use it. This is a major reason for the offseason slowness: the extra time allows me to do other things.
Also planned: more stats and stuff.
- The book returns. Last year I edited Hail To The Victors 2007; a 2008 version is in the works. Charts! Graphs! Hopefully something by Johnny from RBUAS!
There will be a number of UFRs: one for the Citrus, one for the Fiesta, and a couple other WVU games of recent vintage. I hope to get the Pitt game and maybe another loss or two and explore what can go wrong, but haven't found those online yet. Let me know if you find it.
*(Offer not valid.)