"The face of the operation is Briatore (referred to exclusively in the film by his colleagues and angry, chanting detractors as "Flavio"), an anthropomorphic radish who spends most of his time at QPR plotting to fire all of the managers."
Rolling into the sixth week already Michigan's recruiting has started to pick up steam. This week's and next week's games will both be big for visitors. We could (should?) see a few commitments along the way. Here's an update on a few prospects with a look at the visitors this weekend scheduled so far.
6'5", 320 lbs.
Ray has been on Michigan's radar for awhile now, and it had seemed as though Wisconsin was the school to beat. Michigan is still looking to add a few offensive linemen to this class and Ball is one of those targets.
I would say that Michigan and Wisconsin are tied at the top right now. Once I go up to both schools I will know who is where on my leader board. I'm visiting Wisconsin on October 16th, and I haven't set it up yet but I think the Illinois game will be the best for my official to Michigan.
Ray said that his decision will come down to who has more to offer and who comes out with a bang on his visit. Wisconsin's visit could vault them ahead of Michigan, but if he takes his visit to Wisconsin and doesn't commit then M should have a good shot. Ball may be competing with Chris Bryant for the final offensive line slot in the class.
6'4", 215 lbs.
Michigan is also looking for a few linebackers in this class, and Sean Duggan is a target. Duggan has somewhat pushed his recruitment to the back burner to focus on school and his team. He has started to set up his official visits though.
I'm going to Boston College on the weekend of the Clemson game, and Michigan either the first or second week of December. Depending on if I'm still playing or not, I'll go up to Duke and Virginia after my season.
Wisconsin was removed from his final list because they're full at his position. So Michigan is in the top four and will get a visit. I think they have some ground to make up on Boston College but it definitely helps that Wisconsin is no longer in the picture. You can tell by Duggan's list that he's a serious about academics.
5'8", 190 lbs.
Demetrius is making his final decision on Friday of this week. He'll be notifying the coaches of each school if he'll be playing for them next season. This is hard for me because I can't really share a lot of info this close to a decision.
I know that's not what any of you want to hear, but I don't want to ruin anything for Demetrius. I've been saying this for awhile now, and it's not speculation, Auburn is not as big of a threat as people are saying. I have a call scheduled with the family today, so I'll share what they allow me to, but don't expect a lot before the decision. I don't really like giving hints about where he's going, but I will let you know of any negatives to watch out for.
I will create a separate list in the diaries for this, but here are the visitors (that I have confirmed so far) coming in for the game this weekend. You'll notice that Kris Frost is not on this list. He's not sure if he's going to make it or not. He wants his parents there, and they're not sure if they can make the trip.:
- Devondrick Nealy (5'10", 175 lbs., Running Back/Slot) Jefferson County/Florida - Nealy said when he received his Michigan offer that it was "One of the biggest scholarships yet," and that he was very excited. Michigan is recruiting him more for a slot receiver and he has a top four of Arkansas, Auburn, Michigan, and Minnesota (yeah, Minnesota). He doesn't plan on making his decision until the end of the year.
- Marquise Williams (6'3", 218 lbs, Quarterback) Mallard Creek/North Carolina - Williams is a North Carolina commit and friend of Michigan target Kris Frost. I spoke with Williams about the NCAA allegations and how it effects North Carolina and he didn't seem too thrilled about what was happening. This is an odd situation because Michigan currently has QB Kevin Sousa committed.
- Kellen Jones - Michigan commit.
- Jack Miller - Michigan commit.
- Jake Fisher - Michigan commit.
- Kishon Wilcher - Cass Tech athlete and son of Cass Tech head coach Thomas Wilcher. He does not have an offer from Michigan, and thinks they want him to walk on. He's not sure if he would be willing to do that because he doesn't want his parents to have to pay for college. He does have a Toledo offer.
- Royce Jenkins-Stone - 2012 Cass Tech linebacker.
- Terry Richardson - 2012 Cass Tech DB.
- Brian Blackburn - 2012 Crockett quarterback.
Ray Ball is an offensive tackle out of Westerville, Ohio. Ray was in Ann Arbor this weekend for camp, but didn't work out. He just wanted to come up, and get a chance to meet the players and coaches, to get a feel for everything. He told me today that he got that and a lot more. Here's a look at his highlight video, and then our conversation:
TOM: How was the trip up to Michigan?
RAY: It was awesome, I really enjoyed myself. I got to look around at the whole campus, and we got to watch some of the camp, and all the players work out. We got a chance to talk with the coaches, which was great. Those coaches are awesome, and really cool to be around; I really liked them. I also got to meet three of the players on the team that will be freshmen this year. I know next time I come up there, we're going to hang out some more, they were really welcoming and nice.
TOM: When will you be coming back for your next visit?
RAY: I'm not sure exactly, but since this one was so fun, it will probably be very soon.
TOM: Ok, so it sounds like this visit might have pushed Michigan further up on your list then?
RAY: Yes, sir. I know the top schools I have on my list are Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, and UCLA, but this definitely puts Michigan in a better spot than before.
TOM: Do you know when you're making your final decision yet?
RAY: Either at the beginning of the season, or in the middle. I'm not positive yet.
This is important for this weekend, so this post will probably replace the "Weekly Update" Monday post. I'll continue to add to this, since camp will be from the 19th-22nd. Here's some updates, as they come in.
- Maika Polamalu - Troy's cousin, will be at Michigan on Sunday. Maika is a 5'11, 190 lbs. safety from Pottsgrove, PA. ESPN has a video interview with him. Maika is also teammates with ATH Terrell Chestnut, who has a Michigan offer, and is interested, but can't make it this weekend.
- Trae Waynes - Safety prospect out of Kenosha, Wisconsin will be at Michigan. He's a little under the radar, but has a lot of speed for his size, at 6'0, 165 lbs.
- Antonio Poole - Antonio is a linebacker from Cincinnati, Ohio. He's been hoping for a Michigan offer for awhile, and was invited to this camp by the coaches. That's usually a good sign, so he plans on being there this weekend. It wasn't 100%, but it sounded like he was going to make it up.
- Tony Posada - Offensive lineman from Tampa, Florida. Tony has Michigan in his top group, and will be up Monday to Wednesday with one of his coaches. This was an interesting quote from him.
There's always the possibility that I could commit, but the trip would really have to blow my mind, in order for that to happen.
- Kris Frost - Linebacker out of Matthews, North Carolina. As I reported before, Kris is extremely excited to show his parents around Michigan. This should be a great trip for them, and Michigan.
- Ray Ball - Offensive lineman, from Westerville, Ohio. Ray was recently offered by Kentucky and UCLA. He will be on Saturday, but won't be working out. He just wants to come up, and take a look around campus.
- Ed Davis - Linebacker from Detroit. Ed, as everyone knows, was just offered by Michigan. He also received an offer from Akron, and he wasn't 100% positive on the others. He said his coach had told him CMU, and a few others came in since the Michigan offer. I would expect more to on their way. Ed also just got back from a trip to Iowa, and is expecting an offer from the Hawkeyes. His newly found fame has led him to hold off on his decision, until what he said would be probably at the end of the month.
- Terry Richardson - 2012 safety from Cass Tech might show up to hang out. If he does he's going to bring LB Royce Jenkins-Stone, and LB James Ross. All three are very good friends, and very interested in Michigan.
- Kris Frost - Kris and his family made it in safely. They got a chance to walk around campus, and get to see everything they wanted to see. He left Michigan, and I believe is on his way home right now. (He's calling once he gets home, so I'll have a full update then).
- Jack Miller - Jack originally said that he'd like to make a decision by the end of this week. It looks like that might not happen. He's at Michigan right now, and told me:
I'm not sure about a commitment today; I'm visiting right now.
Sounds like a commitment probably won't happen, but my opinion is that there's a small chance he pulls the trigger tonight. This could be the final visit to get any other questions answered. If he doesn't do it tonight, I'd expect it to happen soon.
- James Farrow - James officially decommitted from Minnesota recently, so he's back in play. A lot of the people at the camp told him he was one of the standout DB's. He took on DeAnthony Arnett, and said he held his own. This is the third time he's gone against DeAnthony, they seem to be creating a little rivalry. I don't think he's on Michigan's radar yet. He's about to get an offer from Cincinnati, and possibly Va. Tech, though. Losing out on Dorsey could have the coaches look for another DB, and Farrow might be a candidate for that. We'll see.
- Jordan Diamond - 2012 OL from Chicago. He has had high interest in Michigan for awhile, and it still stays that way. He had hurt his ankle, so he didn't do anything at camp. He got a chance to talk to a bunch of coaches, including Michigan. They told him they already knew he was a good player, so they weren't worried about him not performing.
- Chris Bryant - 2011 OL, and Jordan's teammate, was at camp, and performed really well. Jordan told me that Chris has a really high interest in Michigan. If they offer, there's a good chance he'll commit. I spoke briefly with Chris, he's flying out to visit Stanford right now, so I should have more soon. I would assume his offer would be coming shortly.