mesmerism! presidential assassinations! circuses on fire!
Mike McCray just tweeted that he has had to switch numbers, from 9 to 3. I assume this means he will not be redshirting, but perhaps will be on special teams, on the field with the other number 9 Drew Dileo.
Also, what's on the top of that jersey in the picture? Is it a practice jersey?
Mixed bag for our recruits still in playoff action tonight.
Channing Stribling and Matthews Butler edged East Forsyth 25-15 to advance to the Regional round (NC State Semifinals) where they will play Mallard Creek (Marquez North - 2013 top 10 WR).
Patrick Kugler and North Allegheny crushed Seneca Valley 47-17 to advance to the WPIAL Quad A Finals at Heinz Field next week against Woodland Hills.
Mike McCray and Trotwood Madison cruised over Turpin 42-14 to win their Regional Final and advance to the OH Division II State Semis. McCray had an INT.
Jaron Dukes and Marion Franklin's comeback attempt came up short in a 32-30 loss to New Albany & OSU commit Darron Lee. Lee intercepted a pass intended for Dukes with less than a minute left in the game. Dukes caught a 2pt conversion in the loss.
Ross Douglas and Avon lost 42-14 to Toledo Catholic Central (S Jayme Thompson (OSU commit), 2014 QB DeShone Kizer, TE Keith Towbridge (Louisville)) in a rematch from last year's playoffs. Douglas had a 20 yd TD run.
Michael Ferns (2014) and St. Clairsville won 37-29 over Johnstown to win their Regional Final and advance to the OH Division IV State Semis.
Chris Fox and Ponderosa are shooting themselves in the foot right now down 19-7 at the half with 3 lost fumbles, a punt blocked, and a punt snapped out of the end zone for a safety. Rough start.
EDIT: Fox's Ponderosa got upset last night 19-14 in a crazy finish. Tough loss for the kid.
#cspreps INSANITY! Ponderosa fumbles on 1st and goal from the 1, down by 5, with 53 seconds left. Mesa Ridge can take knees and win it. Wow!
Players of interest (all ratings from Scout because I happen to have it open):
class of '13:
- OLB Mike McCray, 4-star, Michigan commit
- S Cam Burrows, 4-star, Ohio St. commit
- DT Jarrod Clements, 3-star, Illinois commit, recovering from ACL injury and I don't know if he's playing
- CB Reon Dawson, 3-star, Illinois commit
- DE/LB Tre Williams-Brown, 3-star, offers from Arizona and 4 MAC schools
- RB Israel Green, who's unrated and has no offers but I'm tossing him on here because he ran for 326 and 6 in the state championship game last year
class of '14:
- RB Ashton Jackson, offers from Illinois, Purdue, Cincinnati
- WR Kendric Mallory, Illinois offer
- DT Ryan Reese, Illinois offer
- DE Verondtae Wilkinson, offers from Illinois and 3 MAC schools
class of '15:
- CB Kei Beckham, Illinois offer
- S Harrison Johnson, Illinois offer
T-M is coached by former Chicago Bear Maurice Douglass, which maybe explains why Illinois has offered ten players on the squad.
class of '13:
- WR Jordan Cunningham, 3-star, offers include Alabama and Ohio St
- DT Maquedias Bain, 4-star, offers include Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma
- S Jalen Battle, 2-star, Kentucky commit
- DE Nick Internicola, 3-star, Rutgers commit
- LB Skai Moore, 3-star, deciding among offers from Rutgers, Vandy, Wake Forest
- CB Wesley Smith, 2-star, Toledo commit
- WR DJ Taylor, 2-star, offers from Duke and B.C.
class of '14:.
- S Quincy Wilson, offers from Ohio St., Florida, LSU among many others
class of '15:
- RB Jordan Scarlett, offers from Alabama, LSU, Michigan St. and Wisconsin among others
That's an awful lot of D1 talent on the field, considering these schools aren't particularly big.
I can see why T-M's home field wouldn't be the greatest place to televise a game but I don't know why they moved the game all the way to Kings, about 50 miles from Trotwood, if they were just going to use a nicer high school field. If there's no crowd at the game, that's why.
We all heard about the "Beat Ohio" chant that Team 134 did at NFTC. The video can be found here:
Just so this didn't get lost in the other thread, but the fact is that Mike has already made his decision, it just hasn't gone public yet. He isn't holding an "announcement" either as he's silently committing to the school he's choosing. No fanfare apparently. He also told me that it should go public "in a day or two".