Does anyone with inside info know who the jokesters on the current team are? I'm always interested. I mean, I know Pipkins does impressions and Lewan is known to be a goof off the field, but do we have any Everitt types these days?
Among his high jinks: Three years ago, as a freshman, Everitt scaled the hills of Hollywood to hang from the Hollywood sign. He once wore a string bikini to a winter-conditioning workout.
That from a very old Seattle Times article about the upcoming '93 Rose Bowl.
Dumb Wisconsin Laws
• No male is allowed to be in a state of arousal in public.
• Citizens may not murder their enemies.
• Whenever two trains meet at an intersection of said tracks, neither shall proceed until the other has.
• As people used to smuggle it in from Illinois, all yellow butter substitute is banned.
• It is illegal to wake a fireman when he is asleep.
• It is illegal to play checkers in public.
• You cannot "worry a squirrel."
• It is against the law to play a flute and drums on the streets to attract attention.
• If one is thought of as offensive looking, it is illegal for him to be in public during the day.
I know this was done at least once before, but it was awhile ago and I just re-watched the HBO special on the Michigan-OSU rivalry and the jokes at the end made me laugh. I particularly like the one about the kids in third grade:
Q: A Michigan kid and an Ohio kid are in the third grade. Who is bigger?
A: The Ohio kid. He is 16.
I guess it's my turn to start a post about tonight's Tigers game. I haven't heard of either starter for tonight, I guess both have been pulled up from AAA or AA. Hopefully Granderson can get some good at bats, I heard he will be facing a lefty tonight. With the White Sox leading the Red Sox through 4 and the Twins having the night off, I think the Tigers just need to stay even with at least one of the teams in the AL central.
My prediction is the tigers win 5-3, but Rodney loads the bases with a single and two walks, then works out of the jam...just like Jones used to do.
Your thoughts on on the game tonight?
I needed an excuse to share with the MGoBoard the genius of "Emails from an Asshole"
I defy anyone to look at this site and not start crying with laughter in 5 minutes or less. This represents everything that is funny about the internet.
Any other sites?