"Northwestern fans can be both heartened and disheartened by the loss to Minnesota just like how nineteenth-century resurrectionists were heartened when they pried a heart from a freshly-buried corpse and then disheartened it when they sold it to a disreputable anatomist."
Wojo has a great article in Detnews on John Belein and spending a day with him.
A nice little article by Angelique Chengelis (UofM beat writer) about Denard through the perspective Rich Rodriguez.
Remember, this is about Denard and not Rich Rodriguez so lets all keep the RichRod flaming out this. There are few people who can talk about Denard as a player and as a person so I found it nice to see the love that Rodriguez still has for him even though he is no longer here.
Sometimes I'm not above sending a letter to the local paper. I come from a long line of people who wrote letters to local papers (surprise!). Anyway, I penned this as a response to DetNews' Josh Katzenstein on Michigan's Mascot but then Brian front-page responded to the same thing, so there's no use saving it for Dear Diary anymore.
Here's the damn letter that doesn't say "capturing the Sharp market" anywhere in it. Image at right is from MVictors.
Get your arrogance hats ohnnn:
- You can cheer the winningest program in college football history.
- You can cheer because you're the largest group of football fans gathered together to watch a football game in the world.
- You can cheer because of their success on the field.
- You can cheer because they stand up after their failures.
- You can cheer because the best things about our state: integrity, hard work, engineering, business, nature, and beauty, are embodied by its oldest and greatest institution.
- You can cheer because this program, this team, and this school care more about being worth cheering for than whether or not you're cheering.
I didn't see this posted on the board, and it's been posted on detnews in the last hour. It's a Lansing based poll, but it sort of makes sense. I imagine we have a much larger national following, and while I'm not sure how this could be measured, I imagine our fans are more loyal - since they show up for the football games.
Interesting take from yet another talking head, this time Herbie.
At least he doesn't claim some BS like Mandel did today. The "vibe" issue is probably more accurate anyway.
Also implies wing removal was a great idea.
I can just imagine The Only Colors going non-linear over this Lynn Henning column.