in town for free camps
From the Wikipedia page on the abbrevation "CC":
"Coaching Change, as discussed ad nauseam on mgoblog, a well-known Michigan Football blog"
Yes. Other mgoblog things that should be in wikipedia, but aren't (yet):
- UFRs and Unverified Voracity
- THE KNOWLEDGE
- Any tips on how to become a good team again
Here's to you RR. You were never really given a chance the minute you step foot on campus. I have no idea if your going to be back next year, but I really do hope you are. Your record here isn't great, but you've worked hard along with your staff. The guys never seem to give up and I believe thats a trait of the coach.
Nobody ever mentions the off the field contributions to the community. I'm sure the Mealer family is very grateful for everything you have done, along with the other families you have visited at the hospital.
In my opinion this "process" should have been over before now. If you don't think its been on the mind of all the coaches and players, your nuts. Its been a distraction for sure. Just look at some of the comments in the press conference.
And for all who think that Jim Harbaugh is going to be the answer, I hope your right. If Harbaugh is brought in I see this being the same thing as 3 years ago. Starting all over again. It took Harbaugh 4 years to get where he's at. Who knows how many will transfer. DRob wouldn't comment on the situation. Now I'm not saying he'd leave, but I would think the odds of him going, would be higher then of him staying.
Either way, good season boys. Here's to a better 2011, hopefully with RR. If not goodluck to you RR, and goodluck to the next Michigan head coach. Your gonna need it.
I'm just going bullet point this because I really don't have the energy or desire to weave this into four or five paragraphs
- For all the data mgoblog has analyzed, we've been very wrong at times with using models to extrapolate what the future might look like. I feel at times we've fallen in love with the data, that it somehow puts us above the Freep/MLive/97.1 crowd. But here's the thing - it doesn't matter. You could make a decent arguement that Rich is unlucky, that the outcome would have been different with a competent defense..again though, it doesn't really matter at this point. It's over.
- Same goes for recruiting. The community has very strong feelings towards counting recruiting stars. Yes, there is measurable correlation between highly ranked recruits and program success, but it is not as strong as people perceive it to be. Look at the performance of non-aq teams this bowl season.
- I've very worried was to whether Michigan, as an institution, would be willing to pay 3 to 4 (5?) million/year for a head coach. Michigan has been notoriously cheap with how it pays coordinators/personnel. Well, it's time to open up the wallet. We will see if they are willing to pay market prices to get who they want.
May you live in interesting times. Go Blue
At least the Big Ten doesn't play in it.
I predicted Wisconsin would blow TCU away, but TCU pulled it out. If there's still any question whether they can play with the big boys, this should answer it.