landing spot. will be interesting to see how he does.
MLive has an article explaining that Glasgow's suspension is due to a "driving related offense within the last week".
Mlive has a write up about Wilton Speight and Freddy Canteen turning heads. While the Speight news is good to hear and the majority of the article was about him, he probably has little likelihood of playing this year. Canteen would help tremendously in the slot this year.
Courtesy of Tim Twentyman
Rule change proposals:
1. Move the kickoff from the 35-yard line to the 40-yard line.
2. Expand instant replay to include personal foul penalties.
3. Eliminate overtime periods in the preseason for player safety reasons.
4. Extend the goalposts an additional five feet above the cross bar.
5. Move the line of scrimmage for extra points to the defensive team’s 25-yard line in order to make the point after a more competitive play.
6. Put fixed cameras on all boundary lines – the sideline, end line, and end zone – to supplement the TV cameras and to guarantee coverage of those lines for replay no matter where the TV cameras are located.
8. Protect players from getting the sides of their legs rolled up on — the rule already says a blocker can’t hit an opponent in the back of the legs, this proposal will add “or side” to the rule.7. Permit a coach to challenge any official’s decision, except scoring plays, which are automatically reviewed, to make more extensive use of the replay system.
9. Allow the referee to consult with members of the NFL officiating department during replay reviews. The referee would be able to speak with the command center in New York to help in reviewing a play.
1. Raise the number of active-list players from 46 to 49 for regular season games played on days other than Sunday or Monday, excluding the opening weekend of the season.
2. Raise the practice squad limit from eight players to 10 players for player safety reasons.
3. Permit clubs to trade players prior to the start of the league year.
“The thinking would be to give players under contract the chance to earn their current contract rather than being cut,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.
4. Eliminate the roster cut down to 75 and have just one cut down from 90 to 53.
5. Permit more than one player to return to the active list from injured reserve during the season.
“In other words, any player on injured reserve could return after six weeks on IR to the active list to provide more roster flexibility,” Aiello said.
6. Permit each club to time and test, at its facility, 10 players who attended the Combine and permit clubs to attend any timing or testing at another club’s facility that involves three or more draft-eligible players.
7. Adjust the time of the roster reduction from 53 after the fourth preseason game from 6 p.m. Eastern to 4 p.m. Eastern. All teams would have to have their list of final cuts in by 4 p.m.
1. Permit the home team, with a retractable roof [or wall], to open the closed roof and/or wall at halftime.
Rule change that jumps out is moving the extra point to the 25 yard line. In essense changes the game in its entirety. Also moving the kickoff to the 40 yard line... WHY
Article posted on ESPN this morning. I thought it was worth a read.
When asked about being the B1G's best CB next year:
"If I'm not in that role next year, then I'll feel like I have taken a step backwards, which just cannot happen," he told ESPN.com. "So that's definitely a goal in the back of my mind. Last year is over and done with, but moving forward means taking the next step."
I doubt anyone is really that shocked especially when he visited so close to his announcement date. At least we still have a bunch of good options at QB for the 2015 class.