|05/14/2018 - 9:56pm||The Eagles Nest||
If you have a day to drive somewhere, I would suggest The Eagles Nest. It is a two hour drive from Munich and offers spectacular views of the Alps. There is also a museum there (Eagles Nest was Hitler's southern headquarters) which is informative but not as overwhelming as visiting a concentration camp. Salzburg is also close and is an excellent city to visit for a day.
As mentioned earlier, Neuschwanstein is also spectacular and is 2 hours in the other direction.
|04/16/2018 - 1:47pm||Accountants can be athletes too||
Hey, us accountants can be athletes too. But definitely not prosecutors.
|01/01/2018 - 4:14pm||Play Calling||
The play calling at the end of the game was atrocious. The use of J'marick Woods for Metullus at various times was also questionable. Two big plays were at least partially on him. Otherwise, can you really blame the coaches for five turnovers and two of those inside the five? Adjustments certainly need to be made, but I don't think a whole sale change is necessary.
Harbaugh's offense requires solid QB play. Without it, the offense does not work. If we cannot find a QB next year, it doesn't matter what coaching changes are made.
|10/05/2017 - 1:12pm||Roos||
I am hoping Roos can make a contribution this year. He had a great freshman year at CC playing mostly on the first line. He then disappeared for his final years. Hopefully Roos' talent just got lost in the tire fire that has been CC hockey since Scott Owens left.
|07/12/2017 - 2:36pm||Roos||
I was a season ticket holder at CC when I live in Colorado. My last year out there was Alex's freshman year. He had a ton of potential splitting time between CC's first and second lines. He socred some pretty impressive goals including an OT winner in the conference tourney against UND and a late game winner against rival DU. CC switched coaches between his freshman and sophomore years so maybe that played a role in his reduced stats/playing time. Hopefully some of that potential is still in there and can be drawn out by Mel.
|09/27/2016 - 3:18pm||27-12 Michigan||
|09/27/2016 - 3:16pm||27-13 Michigan||
|09/15/2016 - 10:03am||43-17 Mich||
|08/31/2016 - 8:35pm||46-6 Michigan||
|02/26/2016 - 6:57pm||74-68 Michigan||
|02/04/2016 - 12:58pm||65-78 MSU wins||
Michigan 65-78 MSU
|11/12/2015 - 12:22pm||Green Egg and Ham||
Hopefully you can see how I got to those two names.
|09/24/2015 - 8:15am||20-17 Michigan||
Michigan 20 - 17 BYU
|09/16/2015 - 8:37pm||45-12 Michigan||
Michigan 45-12 UNLV
|11/14/2014 - 8:37am||87-43 Michigan||
Michigan 87-43 Hillsdale
|09/30/2014 - 10:44am||There is one way for Michigan||
There is one way for Michigan to look good in this situation. The President should make a statement that student safety is the university's number 1 prioritiy and due to putting a student at risk, Hoke is fired. Due to Brandon not taking care of this matter within his own department, he is fired. Michigan takes a hard stance on student safety and looks good. Also, Hoke and Brandon are gone and the fan/donor base is satisfied. Seems like a win win to me.
|09/29/2014 - 10:44am||Nussmeier Saw It||
1. After Morris almost collapsed, Nussmeier was 10 yards on the field yelling at Morris to go down. Morris didn't because he obviously wants to keep playing, not his fault at all. Nussmeier then left Morris in the game. Did anyone see what Nussmeier did next? Did he go and tell Hoke to get Morris out or call a timeout so he could be evaluated? If Nussmeier did nothing after obviously seeing the whole thing, he is just as liable as Hoke and should also be fired.
2. If Hoke didn't see it as he says he didn't, someone on the sidelines should have told him to get Morris out or call a timeout. If no one did this or if someone did and Hoke did nothing, it shows the dictatorship that Hoke is running. What he says goes, period. No matter what else someone tells him. That is not a remotely healthy way to run a program.
3. There is one way Hoke should not be fired and that is if in the next press conference he says he made a mistake and apologizes for it. Anything else, and he should be fired.
4. Brandon should already be fired due to the athletic departments offical press release which was a straight up lie.
|10/11/2013 - 12:13am||23-17 Michigan||
Penn St 18
|09/19/2013 - 10:18am||42-17 Michigan||
Michigan 42 - Uconn 17
|09/12/2013 - 9:40am||45-10 Michigan||
|03/27/2013 - 11:54am||58-56 Michigan||
Michigan 58 - 56 Kansas
|03/06/2013 - 11:41am||Michigan for the conference||
Michigan 68 - 60 Purdue
Michigan 57 - 56 IU
|02/27/2013 - 10:05am||68-65 Michigan||
Michigan 68 - MSU 65
|02/20/2013 - 10:11am||77-72 Michigan||
Michigan 77 - Illinois 72
|02/13/2013 - 10:07am||82-61 Michigan||
Michigan 82 - Kittens 61
|02/07/2013 - 12:23pm||76-74 Blue||
Michigan 76 - State 74
|01/30/2013 - 11:17am||67-64 Blue||
67-64 Michigan over Indiana
|01/16/2013 - 9:39am||Michigan 69-64||
|10/31/2012 - 10:20am||45-10 Michigan||
853 total yards
|10/24/2012 - 11:36am||31-27 Michigan||
31-27 Michigan over Nebraska
212 Rushing yards
|03/22/2012 - 2:59pm||Saw DU a few times this year||
As a Colorado College season ticket holder, I watched DU in person twice this year, and also viewed them numerous times on TV throughout the year. Here are a few things I noticed.
|03/20/2012 - 4:20pm||Saw Cornell twice this year||
I am a Michigan transplant in Colorado Springs and a Colorado College season ticket holder. I saw Cornell play CC twice this year. Here is what I noticed.
1. Size. Cornell was noticeably bigger than CC. Not just height, but wide bodies. They were not very fast but were excellent at using their strength to knock CC off the puck.
2. Fitness. Granted, the games were in the altitude, but CC skated circles around Cornell the third period of both games. The fast play (and altitude) wore down Cornell, and allowing CC to dominate late in the games. (This was in January, so their fitness could have changed by this point in the season)
3. Goalie. Iles played out of his mind. CC looked like the better team in both games, but Iles was spectacular, especially late in the games when Cornell was sucking wind. He is the major reason they got any points that weekend.