Now, i'll start this off by saying information on in this entry is accurate, aside from opinions of course.
Some things I know about the team I feel I should relay:
1. Our RB's **(excluding Smith) can't catch worth a damn & Toussaint is getting a long look as the #1 RB.
**edit: Smith has shown in games he can catch no doubt, but the others worry me...
2. Our o-line will surprise many, lewan is looking more and more like jake long every day. Which will in-turn improve our QB play even more, because how many times did we see tate make an ill-advised throw due to pressure?
3. A 2nd year in GERG's system will greatly reduce the big plays that plagued us last year, our secondary is benefiting from going up against our offense in scrimmages, and you can see the confidence increasing everyday.
4. Odoms and Stonum are also getting long looks at #1 and #2 WR's, roundtree is slot #1.
5. Denard has improved passing, but not enough to warrant a lock on the #1 QB spot. His mistakes are still worrying.
The major question in my head: Will RRod allow gardner to RS and lead the team next year, because right now, he COULD play a good bit, but, is it worth wasting a year on an OK season with 2 other similar QB's when he could have 4 strong seasons?
6. Not surprisingly, the coaches do not want turner back (unless a major major attitude change). They reward hard work and well, he was lacking in that area.
7. RRod accepts physical mistakes (within reason), but he will let you know that he does not mental mistakes. He is old school, just like Bo.
8. I'd be very very surprised if we did not make it to a bowl this year. I strongly feel that our D will be IMPROVED from last year. A second year in GERG's system and a good chunk of returning starters will be the main reason for this, not to mention there is a small sense of urgency around the team.
9. Cullen Christian will see the field a good bit this year, and is playing like he should.
10. The true freshmen (non-early enrollees), haven't seen much in scrimmages, yet, mostly due to summer school and the complete lack of knowledge about plays etc. The older guys are really showing some leadership here, and the coaching staff is helping them along. I'd parallel this to your first day in high school, but that feeling of being completely lost lasts a month.
11. There is a tight knit family atmosphere around the team, and the guys are really thriving from it.