There was a time, where I was as big of a Braylon Edwards fan as anyone else, but since he has left UM he has done very little to be a pillar of the community or role model for the University and football team. Instead, his actions reflect poorly on the team. This weekend, his negative Tweets about the specific performance of certain players - and telling other players to get off social media put me over the edge.
Here's a recap of what Braylon has done since leaving UM:
- 2006-2008 defies Browns coaches, has sideline tirade before being traded to Jets
- 2008 Gets drunk with Donte Stalworth, lets Stalworth drive home from Miami nightcliub - that was the night Stalworth struck and killed a pedestrian
- 2008 caught and ticketed for driving 120 MPH (passenger at the time was covered in vomit)
- 2009, punches a friend of LeBron James at a nightclub
- 2010, received a DUI and blew a .16
- 2011 started nightclub fight at South in Birmingham, MI. Stabbed a bus boy.
- May 2015, arrested for extreme DUI in Scottsdale
- 2013-2017 complains publicly about Michigan's use of the No. 1 jersey, not signing his brother and most recently trashing players on Twitter
- Additionally, it is alleged he was fired from 97.1 the Ticket recently for showing up to work drunk.
Braylon clearly has some alcohol issues. This is a sad thing for someone who was once on top of the world and had never realized his NFL talent. But, that's on him to get his personal problems fixed before telling the Michigan programs and players to do. He makes the entire team and fan base look bad. I'm sick of hearing about his hot takes, I'm sick of hearing him on the radio (hopefully I won't again). I
I realize this thread does more to bring his name and actions to light, but my only purpose is this: next time he goes on Twitter and starts bashing our struggling players I encourage the MgoBlog community to tell him he's wrong, much like myself and others did this weekend. While I share frustration about certain players this season, there is a big difference between me yelling at my TV and going on the Internet to complain on Twitter. End rant.