Let me preface this by saying that I’m one of many here that thought Shea would be a one and done at Michigan. I didn’t think there was any chance of two years of him here. That being said, I’ve been looking at some of the updates mocks out there and it appears that Shea may have been jumped in the projected draft rankings. I’ve recently seen him as high as the 4th QB taken but as low as the 6th QB taken. I can’t help but wonder, if those rankings hold true, would it be in Shea’s best interest to return for his last year of eligibility?
Some pros of a return:
- an offensive line that should remain intact up the middle with a high likelihood of improvement at the tackle spots (do I dare say a potential strength of the team, gulp)
- super talented and experienced weapons on the outside could lead to gawdy numbers
- a big time RB recruit coming in with Charbonnete
- an additional year under Harbaugh (regardless of what some think of him it’s definitely a positive from an NFL perspective)
- potential to be the 1st QB taken with a big year
I'm not saying I’d be at all surprised if Shea went pro. What I’m saying is that when he announced he was coming to Michigan I would have put the chances of him going pro at about 95%. After looking at how everything is shaking out, albeit relatively early yet, I think it’s closer to 60-40 that he goes pro.
What do do you guys think, do we have any shot at 2 years of Shea?