I was looking at MSU's compiled stats in preparation for this week's upcoming game and wanted to point out some of the tidbits I've seen so far:
1. 73% (82) of the 113 First Down's given up by MSU are through the air. Only 16% (19) are on the ground.
2. MSU has given up ~1800 of passing offense this year compared to only 374 on the ground.
3. Their defense has 9 INTs on the year.
4. Lewerke's TD to INT ratio is 8/7.
5. 22% of MSUs passing offense goes through Felton Davis. No other single player accounts for more than 14%.
6. MSU is averaging 10 yds less per punt since Hartbarger went out.
I expect MSU to continue selling out to kill the rush offense while remaining porous against the pass.
If we can cancel Felton Davis, this will be a very tough offensive day for MSU considering how bad they are at rushing the ball.
For the first time in a while, it feels like Michigan's special teams are at an advantage against MSU who typically has very good kicking specialists (though Matt Coughlin remains a very good FG kicker). Okay...maybe this is a push.
Michigan a -7.5 favorite to open the week.
Go Blue. Beat State.