Good article talking about Nik's ascendance from Canadian kid to potential lottery pick. There were quite a few interesting facts about him that I have not heard/read before:
- Watched tape of Steph Curry while at Michigan to learn techniques for ball handling
- He is defying his genes as his Father is only 6' and a computer programmer, as is his brother
- Became a basketball fan at 7 when Toronto got the Raptors
- "When he was 10, Nik was called down to the court during an open practice at Air Canada Centre and got to play two-on-two against Carter, surprising his idol by swishing a three."
- At age 12 his Father remade his shot to the near perfection we enjoyed
I guess I shouldn't be surprised but by NBA draft outlets he is being compared to Jason Kapono and Kyle Korver. These are absurd comparisons that are purely based on skin color because he is much more athletic. Also something that is often overlooked in his shooting prowess is his ability to shoot 3's BOTH off the dribble as well as in catch and shoot situations. Most players, even our beloved Trey Burke, have only shown the ability to do one of those very well, but not both. Nik is going to be an excellent scorer in the NBA, is smart enough to function in an NBA defensive scheme, and will quickly become a top SG (the weakest position group) in short order.