What are your favorite smartphone apps for sports, and how do you use them? I have a few apps on my phone, but I have yet to find one that I really like. The ones I have currently are:
- ESPN - I like the score updates and I enjoy the Gamecast feature, but other than that the app isn't very good. I receive push notifications all the time about stuff I really don't care about. The news for my favorite teams updates rarely; and when it does, the writing is often poor (i.e. written by a guy who really doesn't know what he's talking about). I also have technical issues with it quite often.
- Twitter - IMO the best app for news. I follow my favorite people, and read the articles that intrigue me. News, however, is really the only thing it's good for. And there are no alerts when something happens.
- Bleacher Report - Love the notifications I get for breaking news, but that's about it. The rest of the app is meh.
- MGoBlog HD - I can't believe I ever used the regular MGoBlog app. HD is so much better. Great for discussion and news everything Michigan, but that's pretty much it.
- 247 Bolts - Downloaded this yesterday. I was really disappointed I couldn't use it for checking recruiting rankings, ballz, etc. I'm probably going to delete it unless told otherwise.
Are there different features you like about these apps that I should try out? Are there any different apps that you would recommend?