We all have our gameday routines, right, but what do you do when you're already on your way to the Big House and you feel a sudden urge for great barbeque or a cold pint? Head to the south end of Elbel Field and visit Detroit's own Slows Bar BQ food truck and a Charity Beer Garden hosted by the local Cancer Support Community (100% of beer revenue goes to the CSC).
Closest beer to the Big House...and for a great cause!
Find it at 327 E. Hoover Ave., adjacent to Elbel Field and immediately east of the railroad tracks.
What to expect when you arrive:
- Slows Bar BQ, a Detroit destination, parked a block from the Big House
- 10 taps flowing with local craft beers (bottled water if you need a non-alcoholic thirst quencher)
- indoor seating in a warehouse converted into a yard bar: LED string lights, ceiling fans, community tables...you know the deal
- two big screen TV's showing College GameDay, the early game, the Michigan game, and the late game
- an atmosphere welcoming to home and visiting fans
- family-friendly--yes you can bring your kids
- don't want to carry too much cash--yes, you can use credit cards
- open before, during and after the game
- and yes...bathrooms
Eat and drink for charity!