Another day of losses have made it so that our perennial nuisances, Virginia Tech and Alabama, have taken up a stronghold in between our buffers. We’ve been able to hold strong against Ohio State and Wisconsin, but these two teams have been nipping at us for a while now, and may need to be taken care of sometime soon.
Ohio State- another nuisance- has spread themselves across East Coast. As that strategy has negatively impacted several teams before, we’re interested in seeing if that can hinder their progress against us.
Right now, Michigan is second place with 21 territories under Florida’s 28. We’re hoping to pull back to first place tonight, and we’ll need all the mgo help we can get to get there.
There are only 10 turns left so we urge you all to continue to play and if you are new then please join in on this domination. It's fun, trust us. There's a very real chance that we can get the 5 members of our alliance into the top 5 by the time the game is over. So please continue to take orders!
The winner of our MgoContest yesterday (one random MVP who followed their website orders is selected to receive Mgoblog points) tonight was: yellowskarmory. Congrats!
Announcement: Please don’t post your orders anywhere (mgoblog included). Other teams visit this blog in hopes of seeing what we will be doing, and it would be much better it if they were left in the dark. If you have a question about an assignment, try to ask it in general terms, instead of naming specific territories.
Steps To Play Every Day:
- Sign up for a reddit.com account if you don’t have one already
- Visit https://flair.redditcfb.com/ " go to “find by conference," click “FBS” then “Big 10” and finally “Michigan” to set yourself as a member of our team. Click “Update Flair” to set it.
- Visit https://michigancfbrisk.com/ and click “Get Order!”
- Click the blue chessboard beneath the logo that you’re meant to attack/defend to take you to the game.
- Scroll down, now, and on the right hand side of the screen, you will see the options that you can attack or defend. Click the school logo that you were assigned to.
Do not ever attack any territory that is owned by one of our allies unless specifically told to do so in your orders. Our allies are Clemson, Florida, Georgia Tech, and Texas. If you get an order to attack an ally owned territory then it means we are coordinating with them, so it is acceptable. Otherwise, do not attack allied territories or defend territories that allies border please!
Make sure you aren't flagged as a bot
One potential issue with the influx of new users we had is that some players may have been flagged as a bot and therefore their actions may not be counting. If you are flagged as a bot you will see the image below on vote.redditcfb.com
If you are seeing this message that asks you to contact the game mods, follow the instructions below, otherwise you can ignore this.
1. Follow the link shown in the screenshot above and fill out the google form
2. Wait at least one day for the text box to disappear. If it does disappear, you are all set.
3. If the bot disclaimer message persists after one day, then message the mods of /r/cfbrisk directly. You can follow the link in step 4 below to do this in one easy click.
5. Be patient as the mods of the game are busy and they are putting a lot of effort into running this thing.