After we were lucky enough to have Seth post the game on the front page we saw a massive jump in users. We saw about 400 new players join the game and that pushed us well over the 1000 active player mark. Now we nearly double the next highest team in active player participation. To further put this in perspective, the 400 new players that we gained yesterday would be the fourth largest army in the game.
It is key that those 400 new users that we gained yesterday continue to participate daily! It is extremely beneficial to our effort and only takes one minute a day and the game is officially ending on July 3rd. If you want to be more active with the game, we encourage you to rank your account up from a 1-star player to a 2 or 3 star player. Having two stars doubles your value and having 3 stars makes you 8 times as valuable. Detailed instructions to rank up are below. Please make an attempt to rank up your account!
Steps To Play Every Day:
- Sign up for a reddit.com account if you don’t have one already
- Visit https://flair.redditcfb.com/ " go to “find by conference," click “FBS” then “Big 10” and finally “Michigan” to set yourself as a member of our team. Click “Update Flair” to set it.
- Visit https://michigancfbrisk.com/ and click “Get Order!”
- Click the blue chessboard beneath the logo that you’re meant to attack/defend to take you to the game.
- Scroll down, now, and on the right hand side of the screen, you will see the options that you can attack or defend. Click the school logo that you were assigned to
Do not ever attack any territory that is owned by one of our allies unless specifically told to do so in your orders. Our allies are Clemson, Florida, Georgia Tech, and Texas. If you get an order to attack an ally owned territory then it means we are coordinating with them, so it is acceptable. Otherwise, do not attack allied territories or defend territories that allies border please!
Steps to Rank Up:
- Go to https://vote.redditcfb.com/explore_links.php? and visit all 21 Links.
- Visit reddit.com/r/cfb and create quality comments on threads to receive upvotes.
- Play the game daily. The amount of turns played helps you rank up.
- Click Update Sub Karma once and Update Rating twice on the game page to update your rank when you've performed steps 1-3
In order to move from a 1 star player to a 2 star player you only need 50 karma (the equivalent of mgopoints) on reddit.com/r/cfb, 1 turn played, and to visit the 21 links in step 1 above. Becoming a 3 star player requires 500 /r/cfb karma and 10 turns played. We encourage all users to spend the hour it takes to quickly become a 2 star player at least! It doubles your value and helps our efforts tremendously.
Some advice for posting on /r/cfb. Sort the subreddit by new and attempt to get in on threads before they get popular to increase the visibility of your comments. Make comments that attempt to generate discussion. Low effort comments will get you downvoted (negged). Disclaimer: We do not encourage you guys to posbang each other on reddit. That is discouraged and against the rules.
Make sure you aren't flagged as a bot
One potential issue with the influx of new users we had is that some players may have been flagged as a bot and therefore their actions may not be counting. If you are flagged as a bot you will see the image below on vote.redditcfb.com
If you are seeing that message follow the steps below, otherwise you can ignore this.
- Follow the link shown in the screenshot above and fill out the google form
- Wait at least one day for the text box to disappear. If it does disappear, you are all set.
- If the bot disclaimer message persists after one day, then message the mods of /r/cfbrisk directly. You can follow the link in step 4 below to do this in one easy click.
- Be patient as the mods of the game are busy and they are putting a lot of effort into running this thing.
Daily Map of the Game: