Information Systems/Technical: Computer Information Systems
Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer - Detroit Lions (Allen Park, MI)
Scope of Position:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Detroit Lions as key contributor in supporting data-driven decisions in football. This position will work with senior operations staff to develop and implement a player management system.
The Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer will take a lead role in ensuring data quality throughout football and business systems and will work closely with data architects and analysts to design, test, and implement advanced football metrics as well as provide ad-hoc analysis. This position will provide front line support to college scouting, pro personnel, and all other football systems.
This role requires strong programming fundamentals and the ability to read and step through other programmer’s code, understand programmatic flow, event drive programming modules, and demonstrate proper use of functions. This position reports to the Senior Director of Information Technology. Please be advised that relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Hours/Duration of Position:
This is a full-time position working 40+ hours per week. A full benefits package is available. This position is based in Allen Park, MI. Travel to Ford Field may be required.
Applicants must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including being available for major scheduled events on nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement complex critical business systems utilizing state-of-the-art tools, design concepts, and methodologies in support of core organizational functions and business processes
• Work closely with users and project managers to analyze requirements and develop architecture for large mission-critical applications
• Develop clear and concise documentation and instruction manuals that detail business processes and procedures delivered through applications
• Apply formal project management documentation skills to Technology Department Projects
• Manage the IT Project Governance Life Cycle and support multiple departments and services
• Develop services and systems that: facilitate the acquisition of information, populate and organize the Club data warehouse and provide effective reporting on all information.
• Provide application analysis and development services to the organization
• Plan, design, develop, and launch efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes
• Gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements
• Define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements
• Create documentation and reports based on their findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues
• Aid Senior Director in updating and completing a full technical review of applications and future development efforts.
• Develop service levels and communicate with clients proactively
• Develop relationships with clients and anticipate their technology requirements
• Project Management Responsibilities
• Stays current with technology through seminars, education opportunities, and trade magazines
• Proactively contributes to overall technology vision of the organization
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required
• Adaptable to change and willing to adopt new tools and technologies.
• Ability to multi-task under pressure
• Excellent verbal communications skills with the ability to address large groups
• Excellent written communication skills including technical writing and project documentation abilities
• Must possess strong initiative, work ethic, and passion for football and be able to work in a fast-paced team environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Intermediate to advance knowledge of system testing methodologies
• Knowledge in systems software development, web technologies and networking
• Knowledge of IT Project Governance Life Cycle: Initiation, Planning, Design, Development, Implementation, Maintenance
• Knowledge and in-depth experience with Microsoft platform and the following technologies: Visual Basic, ASP.NET, Java/VB Script, Message Queuing, C#, HTML, Dynamic HTML, Active X, XML and XSL transformation, Windows Internals, MS Analytic Services, Objective C
• Knowledge and in-depth experience with the following security and encryption technologies such as Kerberos (Authentication Standards), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
Encryption 3DES, DES and WEP
• Preferred candidates will have knowledge of database administration, statistical programming such as R, MATLAB, or SAS
Training and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
• Must demonstrate experience and proficiency in SQL programming and development
• Must demonstrate experience and proficiency with scripting languages such as Perl
Necessary Special Qualifications:
• Ability to walk, sit, climb, kneel, squat, bend, and extend arms and legs fully
• Ability to maneuver through the Allen Park Facility and the stadium
• Ability to sit for long periods of time at the computer
Due to the volume of resumes received, we regret that we simply cannot update each and every candidate on the status of their application. NO CALLS PLEASE.