Not surprised the game was close, we always struggle with NW, especially at NW. That being said, thoughts:
- Bench is a massive issue. Brooks came in and did some positive things at the end but Livers was a no show and Davis was a massive negative. Need the bench to improve or some freshmen to develop.
- Collins was pretty aggressive with his decisions (not benching any of his players in foul trouble) and it generally worked for him, but the decision to not guard Z at the 3 point line was his best. Z was 0-5 from 3 in the second half and missed 3 straight during the 15-2 NW run. If he can't make even 30% of his 3's, that might be a strategy we see a lot more often and we might struggle against it.
- Goes back to point one, but yikes to Davis. He does not look like a B1G quality player. Either he or Johns needs to develop ASAP because we can't go all season 7 deep with Livers a backup wing and at the 5.
- That being said, a road win against a decent team at a place we struggle is a positive. Also nice to see us pick up a close win, especially on the road, after blowing everyone else out.
- I definitely thought the last 3 was going in.
Luckily the schedule lightens up, only 4 games before January and it's all body bag games and a mediocre South Carolina team. That's a lot of time to fix the issues we saw today, work towards developing a bench, and get a miracle worker to work with Z maybe?