Hey guys. Another installment of the MGoAnalysis here! Yesterday I posted a video of all of Indiana’s penalties and quite a few missed calls. There was some great discussion in the comments and some lessons learned. A quick update to some of the plays there:
- Play #5 - Fant DPI against McDoom - Lots of responses on this one. I likely should have given this a “questionable” since I think there are strong arguments both ways. It technically is DPI, I think I gave it a “Bad” since there are lots of plays like these that don’t get called.
- Play #10 - Block below the waist against McCray - I called this a missed call, but it’s a valid no-call. Didn’t realize that it’s only illegal if it’s from the side or the back.
- Missed Play #1 - Punt return / block in back against Glasgow - clear missed penalty, just forgot to include it in the video.
- Missed Play #2 - Hold against Gary on long IU run - debatable, but should have included it as a questionably missed penalty.
I’ll be covering all of those in a third and final wrap-up video I’m working on now.
Moving on to part 2 of this week's analysis - Michigan's penalties:
So...yeah, that was ugly. Michigan had plenty of valid penalties, but was seemingly called for every possible penalty, which cannot be said for Indiana. Frustrating both at the lack of discipline from Michigan and the number of questionable / bad calls from the refs.
Here are a couple modifications I made to my format from the comments on the last installment of the MGoAnalysis:
- Color of graphics on bottom left - Changed it to a more muted palette overall to make it a bit easier on the eyes.
- Removed ALL CAPS - I used all caps before in my past videos in my notes. The suggestion would that it would be easier to read.
- Text Color Change - I used to use a milky white for all my text, but switched to maize this time around to try to make it a bit easier to read.
Let me know what you think of these changes and if you liked the change or would prefer if I reverted to the styling of last video. As always, if you have more suggestions, I'm always willing to consider them.
I'll be doing a final "clean up" video where I include plays I missed initially and any close calls (onside kick, etc). Let me know if there are any specific plays of that nature you'd like me to take a look at.
Finally (sorry for the long post) thanks to everyone who subscribed. The MGoFish YouTube channel is now just a few under 1,000 subscriptions! If you enjoy this series and haven't subscribed, please consider doing so!