Mel Kiper (insert jokes here) posted his early look at the top ten NFL prospects by position. (link). Interesting things to note:
- Jake Butt is the #2 TE
- Jourdan Lewis is the #7 CB
- Joe Kerridge is the #8 FB
- No other Michigan player appears anywhere.
- MSU has 5 players on the list (Cook, Conklin, Allen, Pendleton, Calhoun)
- PSU has 4 players on the list (Hackenberg, Nassib, Johnson, Zettel)
- Ohio State has a stunning 12 players on the list. I'm not going to name them all because it makes me sad.
That last bullet point is the best way to explain why OSU is ranked ahead of Iowa despite a worse resume. (Iowa has one person on this list.)
It will be hard for Jake Butt to stick around if he's the #2 TE on the board when the draft rolls around. If that's the case, let's hope he tears it up the rest of the season in a bunch of Michigan victories.