Just a quick update on some things with the "South Campus project".
- Ocker Field is being turned into a true stadium as I type this and will be ready for Field Hockey season this fall. A new scoreboard, grandstands, a press box and a new team facility replacing South Ferry Field.
- Schembechler Hall has obviously been completed
- Ray Fisher Stadium and Alumni Field turf has already been broken in with a season under its belt.
- Next up is the Lacrosse team facilities and stadium (no photos yet for stadium)
- After that will be a 3-point project: TWO Strength & Conditioning High Performance Centers, an Indoor Rowing facility and team offices/locker rooms for Men's and Women's Soccer
In what looks like will be a 2015 date, the demolition of the U-M Indoor Track Building and historic Ferry Field will begin along with the construction of new Indoor & Outdoor Track competition facilities out near U-M Soccer Stadium.
At some point in 2015 or perhaps 2016, the Yost ice plant will be replaced at an estimated cost of $3.2M
The crazy pace of these renovations will slow for a year, but right back to it in 2017. Canham Natatorium will look like a brand new building by the time its facelift is through-
Cliff Keen Arena will be demolished to make way for Weidenbach Hall expansion
In what looks to be the final project (at least that's in print) for the ADept's building renaissance, a new sports arena will built on the site of the demolished U-M Indoor Track Building. It will house Volleyball, Men's Gymnastics and Wrestling. It will also serve as a home for Cheerleading and Dance which are both now under the athletic department's guidance.
Oh yeah, and this fancy arch thingy called the Walk of Champions-
Perhaps you've noticed the new 'boards featuring HD technology at Alumni Field and Ray Fisher Stadium that were installed for the 2014 season. It seems like each facility that isn't being completely re-done or built is getting a new scoreboard. U-M Soccer Stadium is in the middle of getting a very nice new one right now-
The facilities war rages on.
|Project(s)||Est. cost||Est. start date|
|Scoreboard replacements||$4M||In progress|
|Lacrosse Stadium/team facilities||$12M||Fall 2014|
|Strength & Conditioning/Rowing/Soccer||$25M||Spring 2015|
|Indoor/Outdoor Track Competition facilities||$90M||Spring 2015|
|Yost Ice Arena Ice Plant||$3.2M||2015/2016|
|Canham Natatorium||$20M||Spring 2017|
|New sports arena||$30M||Spring 2017|