|Year||AdjO||Rank O||AdjD||Rank D||AdjOvAdjD||Rank||NCAA Tournament|
|2016||114.6||4||100.5||8 (Tie)||14.1||8||First round|
|2014||123.9||1||100.5||8 (Tie)||23.4||2||Elite 8|
Above is a quick look at Beilein's teams Kenpom AdjO, AdjD, AdjO vs AdjD, and the NCAA tournament result.
A few things that stick out to me:
- This year's defense is the statistically (to Kenpom) the best of the Beilein era and similar to the 2013 team's D
- The offense is having a very average year so far with similar offensive results to 2016 and 2012
- The current unscientific expected results with this O and D would be to lose in second round or in sweet 16
- Since we would expect the team to not get better on their already best defensive year, the way for this team to improve is to be more efficient on offense. They need to be at an offensive AdjO of around 117 to increase expectations of a Sweet 16 or Elite 8.
- If they somehow were to get to offensive efficiency numbers of 2013, 2014, or 2017, the team could have a run to the finals and championship when paired with this defense.
This really isn't saying a whole lot, but I am avoiding doing my work after lunch, and found it interesting how good this defense is statistically and how average it is offensively. I know that Beilein offenses tend to pick up in second half of schedule, but I guess we will see.