Forecast for Gameday..

Submitted by switch26 on September 2nd, 2011 at 8:18 AM

Ok so is saying it is going to rain all day long in AA..  So the golf course will be closed i assume?  Even with the chance that it will rain they close it right?

I guess ill be trying to find a spot at Pioneer early



September 2nd, 2011 at 8:29 AM ^

I've got the page up for Ann Arbor and it's only saying a 40% chance.  I'm not saying I doubt you but I'd like to know what to plan for. So if you have a link to what you're seeing I'd like to have the most up to date info.


September 2nd, 2011 at 11:00 AM ^

If you click over to the hourly tab and look at tomorrow's forecast, it shows 40 percent liklihood most of the day, including 3 to 6 (game time).   they show the picture of the thunderstorm because there is a liklihood of rain/storm, but it doesn't mean that it will "rain all day."


September 2nd, 2011 at 8:31 AM ^

On Wunderground, the only weather site worth visiting, the forecast isn't quite so doom and gloom:

Partly sunny through mid morning...then becoming mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs 89 to 93...with a heat index around 95. Light and variable winds...becoming west 5 to 15 mph...then turning to south late. Chance of rain 20 percent.


It's going to be sticky.


September 2nd, 2011 at 8:36 AM ^

It rained last year at the Umass tailgate.  It was also rainy/drizzling all day at the Penn St. game back in 2009 and the course was open.  I think they're more concerned with monsoon/prolonged rain conditions. 


September 2nd, 2011 at 8:58 AM ^

... says this now:

Saturday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 91. Calm wind becoming west between 6 and 9 mph. 

Saturday Night: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66. North northwest wind between 5 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.


September 2nd, 2011 at 10:16 AM ^

I think the main storms from the front will pass through tonight/tomorrow morning.  The cold front is already half way through Wisconsin and should push through completely by tomorrow afternoon -- most of the activity looks to be ahead of it.  

The sooner it rains, the better off we are for tomorrow.  It looks like tonight will be wet.


September 2nd, 2011 at 10:09 AM ^

They are more concerned about it raining all night before and soaking up the course. That tears it up worse than a few showers durning the day. They'll park tomorrow I'm sure


September 2nd, 2011 at 10:12 AM ^

30 percent tonight -- although, given the nature of this system, if it does rain, it's gonna pour. But, I'm thinking we should be fine here.

Looks good for most of the day Saturday now. It'll be hot, of course, but what else is new. That first game always is. Washington 2002, anyone?


September 2nd, 2011 at 10:24 AM ^  20% chance of rain  40% chance of rain with showers all day 60% chance.  Periods of sun with a T-Storm. 20% chance of rain.  Possible thunderstorms.