Federal Work-Study at UofM

Submitted by MGoKereton on August 14th, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Hello all.  I just had a quick question about work-study at UofM.  I haven't done it before, so I'm not sure if I should be waiting for something from UofM giving me part-time job offers to use it, or actively searching around looking for something that would be acceptable for the work-study program.  I haven't received any emails about it yet, so I thought I would ask you guys.  Thanks in advance!



August 14th, 2010 at 7:16 PM ^

contact eileen shields at the lawyers club.  i'm not work study but there are a lot of people i work with there.  if you can't get a job at the law club try any of the other dining halls.  starting rate is 8.95 an hour so pretty good for a student job.  and if you work at law club you get to eat a meal every shift and food is very good there.  good luck


August 14th, 2010 at 8:33 PM ^

If you can, sign up to be an intramural sports referee.  I can't really remember if you can use it for work study, but its an easy job and time flies.  Plus, you get to do sorority games which has its perks. 


August 14th, 2010 at 10:31 PM ^

likes work study. Applications are due ASAP on the Dept. of Rec Sports website (click student employment).

I think you would also have a good shot at getting into a research lab if you wanted to because the gov't would be paying you rather than the lab.


August 15th, 2010 at 12:10 PM ^

most rec sports jobs are just about filled...though there is an IM referee meeting I believe September 8th at the IMSB for anyone interested in reffing.  Check the rec  sports website, I know there's info there.