My roommate and I have been watching ESPN coverage since 6 pm and every 5 minutes we break out lauging at some element of the ESPN coverage.
Here are a few observations:
1) Hubert Davis: I only care about the Eyeball Test. Do I know any players on this team? No. Do I know any stats about this team? No. Do I know where I am right now? No. All I want to do is talk about the Eyeball Test for 15 minutes. VCU and UAB are terrible terrible teams. Their players are bad people. In fact, I hear they rob from charities in their spare time. Poor Colorado. Colorado is a geuninely good guy. He deserved better. Eyeball Test.
2) Jay Bilas: Hubert, you have it all wrong. Trust me, I know, I have a law degree. In fact, I am so informed that I'm going to name you a few random players on both UAB and VCU, and tell you that they are good players. That way, you are impressed by my wide array of basketball knowledge. But then I'm going to make some snarky comment "This doesn't just pass the eyeball test. This doesn't pass the laughter test!" I'm really witty. Did I tell you I have a law degree?
3) Doug Gottlieb: I didn't listen to what Hubert and Jay said. Florida Stinks. The Committee Stinks. I hate the Big East and will pick against as many Big East teams as possible. Michigan as an 8? Stinks.
4) Rece Davis: Dicky, whats your reaction?
5) Dick Vitale: Are you serious? Are you serious?? Are you serious??? I nominate Jay Bilas to succeed Robert Gates as Secretary of Defense.
6) Jay Bilas: Well, thats flattering, Dicky. I do have a law degree.
7) Digger: Rece and I are the only normal people here.
8) Joe Lunardi: Man, I get 3 picks wrong and all of a sudden I'm no longer relevant.