Sam Webb interviewed David Peters (Brandon's father) in regards to the Shea Patterson transfer and discussed on his show this morning.
- The Patterson family were the ones to reach out to Michigan (we already knew that)
- Harbaugh sat down with each of the QBs and commits to explain the situation
- Michigan initially passed on Shea as they did not have a roster spot open at QB
- After Wilton informed the staff about his grad transfer, Harbaugh reconsidered Patterson's interest to transfer
- David Peters said that Michigan NEEDED ANOTHER QB for depth so of course they should go after the best available
- David Peters said that his son was raised to compete and not run from a challenge
- Brandon said that he doesn't care if they bring in 30 more QBs, nobody is taking the job from him
I hope this shuts up all the doom and gloomers and ends their concern trolling that Peters is going to transfer now that the Patterson transfer is official. I never thought once that Peters was going to transfer in 2018 based on Patterson (2019 could be another story based on how the competition plays out).
Sam didn't mention McCaffrey but I can't imagine (given his family background) that he is scared of competition either - besides Patterson is two eligibility classes away from DCaff so that makes no sense in any case.
I am irrationally excited about 2018 and can't wait to see 3 stud QBs battle it out to be the starter next year.