I love this 2018 team and think they are in line to do some big things to finish this season, but during the bye week it's fun for me to look ahead a little.
Here's a really early look at a potential 2019 depth chart-
3. Turner / Wilson
2. Collins / Bell
2. DPJ / Barrett
1. Runyan OR Mayfield
1. Stueber OR Mayfield
1. I'm expecting and hoping Patterson comes back for his Sr. Year, he's a projected mid round pick. I think Harbaugh can sell him on coming back with an awesome WR group, experienced OL group, the ability to put up some huge numbers. 3,500 yards and 30 TDs, and most importantly a National Championship.
2. 3 good OTs for 2 spots and a very good interior OL, in year 2 with Warinner should mean very good things for the OL.
3. The only possible weakness of this offense is not having a true #1 RB, but they should have a good, well balanced 3 headed monster with 5 guys to choose from.
1. Dwumfor / Kemp
2. Uche / Glasgow
2. Green / Gray
1. I think Gary, Bush, and Long leave early for the NFL. Hill and Hudson might have a chance too. Michigan really needs 1 of their 2 CBs to come back for their Sr. Year, Long is taller and bigger so I'm guessing he goes.
2. Defense is deep and loaded everywhere if Hill comes back. It might not have the big names like Charleton, Peppers, Lewis, Hurst, Winovich, Gary, and Bush but I think this defense will be just as good.
3. Uche gains 10 pounds and gets up to 248 and plays back up WDE and SLB. Each spot only gets 10-12 snaps a game and Michigan needs to find a way to get him on the field more.
1. Experienced and talented.
Team and schedule-
The 5 toughest games should be
2. At psu
4. At Wisc
Once again a tough schedule but I like this team to go 12-0 with so much talent and experience. The key will be getting Patterson and Hill back. The O line and front 7 on defense will be so good and so big it will be tough for other teams to do much again this Michigan team. Go BLUE!
* Vilain, St. Juste, and Woods are missing from the depth chart. I hope Vilain and St. Juste can get healthy and help the depth, and I'm thinking Woods should switch to Viper and rs.