Harrison is a top 4 overall recruit on the 247 composite. He recently returned to action on the football field after being held out 3 games with a bone bruise injury.
- 247 page
- A previous MGoBoard update (July 11, 2018)
- Another MGoBoard update (July 31, 2018)
- The last MGoBoard update before this one (August 14, 2018)
- He wants to enroll early (article)
- Not sure when he'll decide
- Not sure if he'll make it to all the schools he's considering
Self-Reported Non-Factors in Decision
- Michigan's recent d-line commitment doesn't impact his decision
- Depth chart doesn't impact his decision
- Playing time is not a factor
- Teams' performance this year won't impact his decision
- His mum allegedly doesn't mind where he ends up
Self-Reported Factors in His Decision
- Relationships with people (guessing players and coaches) is important to him
- A kinda weird, noncommittal answer was given about whether he wanted a fresh start at the next school he attended (referring to statement he made at The Opening). It's not clear if this is still a factor or not.
Yeah, that kid subscribes to the David Molk School of Interviews. He really values his privacy, and I felt bad for him. Understandably, his answers were rushed; this gives me pause about the answers he gave.
If you take this interview at face value, a reported thing that in Ohio State's favor (his mum), isn't a factor anymore. I don't know if he just wanted to get out of there or if mum has really come around, but that seems positive for Michigan. Relationships are also big for him, and I vaguely remember reading that things weren't going as well with Ohio State players as it was with the two other schools. So maybe hooray for that. On the other hand, maybe he's backing off of the comments where he talks about wanting a fresh start? I'll let others parse his answer.
On the balance, I'd say this is a feather in Michigan's cap, though there's still no lake-shaking evidence one way or another.