Outside of the obvious (better OL, WR, and QB play), what areas of improvement are you looking to see this season?
1. Clean up the mental mistakes. Too many missed assignments, penalties, etc last season. We looked like a Brian Kelly team and not a Harbaugh team on that front. Hopefully that was due to youth and a bad OL, rather than not coaching the fundamentals.
2. Special Teams. After having some success in Harbaugh's first few years, last year was a let down. We brought almost no pressure on punts and the punt return game was iffy with DPJ (Although, I think Ambry is going to be a star this year on kickoffs. He might even take punts now after Tarik's injury). Nordin was also wildly inconsistent and so were the punters. (Special teams is a HUGE concern of mine going into this season).
3. Better play calling that will hopefully give this team an offensive "identity." Also, I want to see Harbaugh take more control on the sidelines and not rely on the committee approach during games.
4. Jim's demeanor on the sideline. I want the crazy, fiery, piss & vinegar coach back. Despite the refs hating it.
5. Defensively, and kind of obvious...limit the big plays.