For those who don't know, Harrison is a top 4 overall recruit on the 247 composite. Background info:
Here's a ink to the article.
- Same finalists. In addition to delaying indefinitely, he also confirms finalists are the good guys, OSU, and PSU.
- Original source. Article is derived from an interview with Clay Hall of WSYX-TV in Columbus on Monday.
- Not great for OSU; unknown for Michigan. This isn't necessarily good for Michigan, but at the very least, it's not great for Ohio State.The reason it's not necessarily good for Michigan is that it could mean Penn State has made some headway. In previous interviews, Penn State was seen as the 'compromise' school between him and his parents.
- Done with visits? There is no mention about whether he is making more visits; in the above-linked post, he said he's not, and to the best of my knowledge he wasn't at Michigan's BBQ.
- The Season, The Season, The Season. The longer this goes, I have to think the more important Michigan's performance this season becomes, and I wonder if guys like him and Dax Hill are sort of waiting to see how Michigan performs this year.
- I don't think he's trolling Michigan. In the first place, Michigan could finish its recruiting at DE and probably be fine, so there's not a huge benefit for another program to have Harrison do this. Second, in his last interview, Harrison pretty much said that he has finished with fact-finding, so I'm not sure that coaches can really expend a ton more resources on him even if they wanted to. Finally, he's not an attention-seeking guy; there are very few interviews with him out there. I think this is genuine introspection.