I ran across the post below from a WV fan named "jdakanwv " on the Sportsline Boards.
Aside from his "Mouse Pasties" avatar, I think he sheds some unbiased insight into how the offense might operate.
One thing he stresses is over use of the bubble screen. I hope this does not become the new "Throwing the Rock since 1969".
Here's the post and the direct link:"Recently I was on the WVU boards and began having a discussion with Dsoph about things to expect in Ann Arbor over the next few years. You will see some things that you have never seen before. Some will be impressive, others...not so much...here is my list, take it for what it is worth....
- Everyone will be leaner, quicker, and faster. Your linemen will go from averaging 315 across the line to averaging about 280, but they will be quick and explosive.
- The bubble screen....Get used to it. You will run it on average, 8-12 times a game. At least twice a year, you will see some version of it 20+ times in a game. The idea behind it is a good one, get the ball in a playmakers hands quickly and let them make a play, but you can only see it so many times before you are ready to go nuts.
- Changes. Many of your traditions will remain, but there will be little tweaks to most of them. As you can see with your road uni's, that has already begun.
- Big Plays. Once RR gets his full compliment of players and a true dual threat QB, the number of 35+ yd TD's will increase dramatically. (There is no site like watching a speedy RB or QB bust thru the line and split the safeties like they were standing still and having him go 50yds untouched for a TD. You can see that it will happen within the first two steps the ball carrier takes....it is a site to see and you will enjoy that.)
- This one is the most impressive to me. At the end of the 1st and 3rd qtr's, (especially when you are on offense) Your offensive line will sprint to the other end of the field to get ready for the next quarter. When this is the most impressive is heading to the 4th quarter of a hard fought game and seeing the looks on the defenses faces as the linemen sprint to the other end of the field and the D is gasping for air and sucking down water like it is their job.
Good luck to Uof M in the upcoming seasons. RR's style will take a little time to get used to, but in the end, you will enjoy it.
P.S. Barwis is an animal...You guys will love him."
It's nice to see a WV fan not bash the university, fans or RR.
Three yards and a cloud of Bubble Screen... could be my new blog page, only time will tell.