Thoughts on the Notre Dame Game
1. If there was any doubt about whether the bowl game streak would end, I think we received an emphatic answer today. After briefly looking at the rest of the schedule I think that we will finish with 4 wins.
2. Sam McGuffie is a tough runner, and I really like Stonum.
3. I hope that Carson Butler is suspended for swinging at the Notre Dame team, because that kind of crap has no place in the game.
4. How is Stevie Brown still playing?
5. Mesko looked much better today, as did the O Line.
6. Notre Dame is much improved, but the fact that this was still a ballgame in the third quarter does not say much for them. MSU will clobber them.
7. Our QBs are poor, but I would make Threet the starter for the rest of the year.
8. Our front seven did not step up today.
9. How is it that Carlos Brown is not more of a factor in this offense? He is a home run threat.
10. This spread offense really seems to bog down in the red zone, and I think that we are way too predictable there. When we went to the I-Formation it was obvious that we were going to run up the gut.