Some thoughts from another fantastic day of College Football:
- Threet really came into his own today. His deep throws were spot on and he showed some leadership. You have to love his progress. I'm a little concerned about his apparent injury. Hopefully he is good to go. Luckily Michigan has 2 weeks before Wisky.
- The refs. For some reason I'm the only one posting on MGo about the calls. They seemed pretty one-sided to me. How horrifying was that call on Matthews apparent TD??? They totally stole that one. Then ND goes down the field, draws a weak, weak sister of a pass interference call and scores. 14 point swing right there. Game. The bad calls went on and on.
- ND is not good. Again and again Michigan gave them the game, but I always felt like the Blue were in it. For the most part Michigan's D was great, but for being put in bad spots.
- Trent seemed to have a bad day. Perhaps he got a little overrated last year playing across from Warren? Perhaps teams were more interested in testing Warren last year because he was a freshman, and now that Warren is showing some real ball-hawking skills teams choose to go after Trent instead. Or maybe Trent just gets the tougher assignments as he should. I'm interested to see the defensive UFR on Trent.
- McGuff! Great performance. He holds onto that ball like one Mr. Michael Hart (Blessed Be His Name), he gets the extra yard like one Mr. MH (BBHN), and he seem oblivious to the score and/or the current situation the team is in like one Mr. MH (BBHN). I like this kid more and more each week. He is all he is billed to be and more.
- What can you say? I think today finally sold me on how weak the Big 10 is. Believe that. I mean, come on, this shithole of a team has been blowing up the Big 10 (11) for years now. In the meantime they blew out ND (yeah, that's tough), got hammered by Florida, hammered by LSU and now completely demolished by USC. Good night. I think the Bucknuts days as the top dog are ending. All you need to creep back into the top of this conference is to see that the dog on top is wounded. I, for one, couldn't have been happier to see them shit the bed.
- Boeckman. He truly sucks. That is confirmed, confirmed, confirmed. As long as Michigan doesn't get into a hole early in Columbus and keeps the pressure on that piece of crap they have a shot in November.
- Tressel. Seems to me the only thing he is good at is beating Lloyd Carr. Well, guess what asswipe, Lloyd's gone.
- MSU's game was largely uninteresting. Ringer ran for like 4,000 yards against a willy-nilly half-assed Florida team playing in Hurricane Katrina (MAKE PLAYS). The only comment I have is WTF WAS MSU DOING PLAYING IN THE SHOTGUN IN THE FIRST QUARTER???? It's apparent to me that all they had to do was run run run on FAU and they would win. Just take Hoyer out of the equation, he sucks balls anyway. Once they continually gave the ball to Ringer, good night. Or, good day sir.
- They beat the holy hell out of a team from somewhere in New York State. I hope they are for real because I would love to see PSU take it to the Bucknuts. We need this. Please JoePA, tear up some Bucknut ass for us. We give you permission to ahead and beat Michigan this year for once, we won't mind.