I posted this last season but haven't had the time to expand on it (still hoping to in the future). It has been updating all season though, so should reflect all the UFR's for this season so far (and will update tomorrow when someone views the tool after the UFR O is posted. I probably should have posted this link again as a reminder sooner.
Things it can do:
- Make plots of individual players pluses, minuses, and total +/- from the charts of all the UFRs since the end of 2005.
- Look at position group totals as well in the same way as above
- Aggregate numbers to their mean by year for cleaner viewing
- Compare players +/- side-by-side on the same scale
- There is a sortable table for looking at best/worst career/season/game or for looking at the raw data for any players
- RPS/other team metrics can be viewed in the Single Player Tab, their position is "TM" in the Sortable Table if that matters
- Top 10/Bottom 10 lists - quick look at a wall of fame/shame to get context for particularly big or rough games.
- Automatically checks for new UFR data on viewing. Should keep it up to date as long as it's used (probably at least by me) every 4 games or so.
Things to fix (at some point.... sorry for the laziness):
- Pressure metric for D is missing since 2010 due to a typo in my scraping. I'll fix it at some point but this is a side project for me so timeframe is unknown
- iOS support bug - for some reason there is a resizing issue on iOS devices. No clue why; will try to fix it later
- Possibly change hosting do to some of the restrictions on that current host. I'll assess that based on traffic
Things to add(at some point later than the above, sorry for the laziness):
Panel for Top 10/Bottom 10 lists - I already have the functions to do that and it's easy for anyone to check on their own with the table, but it would still be nice to have a dedicated panel to quickly look at a wall of fame/shame to get context for particularly big or rough games
- "Similar players" tool for trying to get an idea for who is grading out similar to players past - good and bad.
- Add ability to adjust for # of plays in a game. Would be even better to adjust for playing time per person, but that might be ambitious.
I've started sharing a few of the plots in UFR threads in order to finally get the mgopoints to be able to post (Been a lurker since forever...). Some examples are below. The x-axis labels should be more legible on the web app:
I hope the community likes it, please give feedback! Feel free to "Save Image As..." and share images at your leisure, though obviously I'd appreciate the source being mentioned.