Defense was good. That is all.
6.2.1 - Q1 10:25 - 2nd & 10 - UM35 - Gil 3 yard TFL
- Great anticipation from Gil here on this run play, and Bush is right on his heels. Poor blocking from Maryland, who severely underestimate the speed of Michigan’s LBs.
6.2.2 - Q1 9:41 - 3rd & 13 - UM38 - 7 yard sack for Hudson / Dwumfour
- Michigan sends 5 on the pass rush, which Maryland deals with fine initially. Center leaves Dwumfour a clear path to the QB and Hudson eventually beats the RB in pass protection.
6.2.3 - Q1 4:47 - 1st & 10 - MAR24 - Hudson 4 yard sack
- Well-timed blitz from Hudson off the edge. Think Maryland had an open receiver (#17) momentarily across the middle, but hesitation leaves the QB in a world of hurt.
6.2.4 - Q3 12:35 - 3rd & 30 - MAR20 - 6 yard TFL for Uche
- Maryland botches a jet sweep, which leaves Uche to show off his athleticism and agility. Scary stuff. The play did look well set-up if not for the missed hand-off.
6.2.5 - Q4 4:32 - 3rd & 4 - MAR45 - Watson Pick6
- Infuriating *breaking news* interruption - Watson simply steps in front of the receiver for a pick 6. Think the deep cross was coming open for Maryland, but mistakes were made and Michigan capitalizes.
- Ep. 6.1 - MARYLAND - Offensive Success
- Ep. 5.1 - NW - Early Offensive Struggles
- Ep. 5.2 - NW - Early Defensive Struggles
Twitter - yell at me, say hi, offer suggestions / criticism