This took place before the “basketball game” of course.
- Craig was playing tennis and dodging ICBMs. Craig finished the set.
- The MSU game: Powering through a Teddy game, State was committed to backing down Robinson and Matthews, who won man-up on Bridges. How does State do it next time?
- Craig likes TV Teddy—said the awful calls were mostly on his cohorts. Back when Craig was a kid in the crannogs of pre-Celtic Britain, Teddy was better than the rest, and they played six basketball games a week with no ill effects.
- Maryland game: Terps made their bricks, Michigan stayed in it with good D until the shooting arrived.
- All hail Yaklich! Encouraging they’re this good at D without a D guy. Groundwork laid with Donlon last year. Three better defenders getting more minutes: Z, Matthews, and Teske. P&R defense is vastly improved—M always been a hedge and recover team but they’re much better at it now.
- Second guessing: Why have Z on the floor in a free throw situation?
You can catch the entire episode on Michigan Insider's podcast stream on Audioboom.
THE USUAL LINKS
Valentine comes out of the Big Ten pro rasslin days.