Getting this out right away because we have an MGoPodcast tonight.
- Sadness, despair, hate, turnovers. O’Korn took sacks when he didn’t have to, missed open guys in front of his face.
- Offensive pass interference committed with impunity.
- Offensive line problems aren’t going away: have to scheme around the bad protection. Craig suggests going to the Vikings RB receiver offense.
- Time spent on inside zone all offseason was wasted. Stuff that worked was what worked in 2015.
- What more can you want than DPJ running a fly just down the numbers?
- The receivers: they’re missing Black, got a guy in Perry, Crawford is out there blocking but not receiving well. DPJ needs to get some of those targets. These guys need to be better coached.
- Not getting Evans or DPJ the ball in space.
- Michigan had no quarterback run game in this game: MSU ignored O’Korn on the zone read and he’s a good runner.
- How much credit to Michigan State? Not bad for an offseason catastrophe, but they won by four when up five on turnovers and up 10 on luck stuff. They’re a 6-6 or 7-5 team, but they’re not a good team.
- That’s a sad thing: Michigan has to be a lot better since most of the teams they’ll play the rest of the year are better than these Spartans.
- More O’Korn: saw the things that lost him his job at Houston. He wasn’t running Michigan’s offense in 2015 when he was generating all the hype because he was on the scout team.
- Indiana: offensive line is terrible, chuck and pray offense, their defense is going to wreck our offense.
You can catch the entire episode on Michigan Insider's podcast stream on Audioboom.