Right now, this very second, it is July. July is when nothing football happens (Canadians don't count) except BBQs, recruiting, and maybe some reading.
But in a few days, it won't be July. It will be August. August is when some football things are happening. And the real football things are, like, actually close enough you can start thinking about them without having to say to yourself: "Self, it's still more than a month until football."
So a week from Friday, that is 8/7/2015, at 7 p.m. (like it says above), we're going to sit in a bookstore with our HTTVs open, and we are going to talk about our football things, right out in the open. We will not temper our discussion with "this is all more than four weeks away." We will not preface things with "I know it won't be for awhile until we know this for sure but…" We will not speak of Maryland receivers as if there's only a 15 percent chance they're still on the roster by the time Michigan travels there.
In August, we can talk. We can talk about the football.
- Brian will give a presentation on Harbaugh's offense.
- MGoBlog staffers yelling "Harbaugh!" at each other.
- Probably a Draftageddon argument about whose Ohio State slot receiver was a better choice.
- Profuse apologizing for having this argument, followed by a making up ritual that involves yelling "Harbaugh" at each other.
- Jim Harbaugh, but only on the odd chance he happens to be walking by at that moment, sees a book with his photo on it, and comes in to see if there really is a cult someone formed around him and whether he can somehow use it to make better football.
- Other MGoBlog readers who look nothing like their Avatars.
No gate. No bars to entry. Free to the public.