This is not absolutely confirmed, as I didn't even think to ask about it, but the new jerseys are practice jerseys only. The home uniform will not be changing, and I don't think the away ones will either.
A couple quick things from Rodriguez's post-practice presser:
- Brandon Minor, though he was limited today, is just about healthy. He should practice full-go tomorrow, and if not, definitely at the next practice (Monday).
- Toussaint's injury is a shoulder or bicep problem, but nothing serious. Still, from the way Rodriguez talked about him, Fitz might be heading for a redshirt this year (lots of RBs, only need to play the ones who are ready).
- Still no word on Jason Forcier's status in joining the team. They believe they'll hear any time now.
- Hemingway is going to be an important player for the offense - it sounds like he might even be the #2 split end.
- Stokes is going to start out at outside receiver - there was no mention of slot for him.
- Roy Roundtree, on the other hand, will play both inside and outside receiver positions.
- About 10 true freshmen will probably be contributors this year. Though he didn't mention anyone by name at that time, expect Will Campbell, Vlad Emilien, Vincent Smith, and Je'Ron Stokes to be among them.
- Stevie Brown said the defense is improving a lot under new coordinator Greg "GERG" Robinson (duh).
- They work a ton on fundamentals and especially tackling.
- Teric Jones is pretty impressive at corner (he had a pick yesterday) despite being new to the position
- Dave Molk says that the offensive line really came together over the course of last year, and his becoming comfortable with making calls from the center position was a big part of that.
- The QB situation is much better this year than last because now there are 3 viable options.
- Mike Martin (who Dave has to battle in practice) is "one strong bastard."
- Carlos Brown feels as healthy as he has in a very long time.
- Denard is a fast kid, but he and Carlos haven't settled who is faster. Carlos is just glad that Denard is on his team.
...and speaking of Denard, Carlos also mentioned that the segment of practice that was closed to the media involved some scrimmaging. Denard apparently broke off a pretty big run during that segment. You should be able to catch it on tonight's Big Ten Network special. Tune into BTN at 10PM to check it out. You may even be pleasantly surprised at the crew's impression of the 2009 Wolverines.