For the final time, Jon Falk hands off the Jug. These little moments are what make college football so special—name another sport in which the fans know the name of a beloved equipment manager and care deeply about a century-old water jug that doubles as a trophy in a severely one-sided rivalry.
Many more GIFs of the Jug, as well as a whole lot of Funchess, alumni cheerleaders, and more after the jump.
As always, click the links/stills to open each GIF in a lightbox, and don't forget to vote for your favorite at the bottom of the post.
Funchess goes for the 180-degree banner touch, nearly clotheslines himself. Astoundingly, this was not called pass interference. Fitz Toussaint's first touchdown features a nice double-block from Michael Schofield. Funchess diving scoop catch. Fitz's second touchdown on POWER. Funchess sure looks like a wideout when he does this.
10. Old Cheerleader, New Uniformz
Quite the dichotomy here.
9. Punt Perfection
Matt Wile: no longer broken.
8. Jeremy Gallon Catches Everything
It's not quite Calvin Johnson level, but still one hell of a physics-defying adjustment.
7. "Michigan, Michigan, Rah Rah Rah."
I really, really want one of those sweaters.
6. High and Tight, Mitch Leidner
Guess he thought the mantra was "low and loose," which sounds bad in just about any context.
5. Blake Countess, Football Magnet
This more than makes up for getting beat on a double move and temporarily giving everyone a heart attack, especially since it directly led to this week's winning GIF.
4. No Turnovers + One Jug = Ecstatic Gardner
No, Devin Gardner did not fumble the Jug, you trolls.
3. Not So Fast, My Very Large Friend
I love every aspect of this, from Big Jon's fatherly finger-wag to Lewan's total inability to keep his hands off the box.
Given how Lewan later handled the Jug, perhaps Big Jon was right to keep a close eye on him.
1. Holy hell, Funchess. He slips on this route and it just doesn't matter.
2. Holy hell, Funchess. Look at how high he jumps. Jake Butt is 6'6" and was a high school hoops standout and he doesn't even come close.
3. Way to stick the landing.
4. "ButtFunch" is a Greg Dooley special, and Brian is just gonna have to live with it.
FRAMES OF THE GAME
Thumbs Up, Big Jon
I couldn't put anything but this at the top of the list. Congrats, Big Jon.