Brian and I toured Michigan Stadium with assorted members of the media, and all we got was this
stupid t-shirt photo gallery:
Also, we got some details:
- Both the suites and the club seating are reserved to about 70% capacity.
- The suite have their own indoor concourse with air conditioning. The suites themselves are also air conditioned.
- The new press box will have seating for 224 reporters.
- Michigan Stadium was down to 106,201 seats last year (from 107,501), making it the second-highest capacity stadium in the country (though more people strolled through its gates than #1, Penn State's Beaver Stadium). When the new structures are complete for the 2010 season, capacity will be around 110,000.
- Over the next few years, the aisles will be widened in phases. Final capacity of just greater than 108,000 will be reached in about the 2013 season.