It's time to update MGoBlog to the latest version of Drupal. I'm looking for a Drupal developer who is familiar with MGoBlog to create a version of the site in Drupal 8. This is a contract job; if you're interested there would also be an ongoing maintenance aspect as we tweak the site and add bells and whistles.
Requirements are somewhat flexible since Drupal 8 and its contrib constellation are still in flux, but an outline:
- implement a modern responsive theme for the site that we already have mocked up
- implement a Drupal 8 version of the XML RPC module that allows Windows Live Writer to work in 6
- implement as much of the current site functionality as possible given the state of contrib (userpoints not working will be a major issue, for one), adding as contrib fills in
- make sure performance is at least as good and hopefully better than the existing site
- migrate content, taxonomy, diaries, and users, in some form. I am completely happy to leave previous content behind in static pages as long as the URLs remain the same and you can still get to them in some form from the tag pages.
Budget is "I don't know, I've never budgeted something like this." I am expecting something in the five digit range. You will know better than I what is feasible if you're a good candidate. Timeframe is 3-6 months, but is flexible since we are aiming at a moving target. Email me at [email protected] if you're interested.