Hey look, we're not so depressed about the expected outcome of every game as to give up on the weekly score-guessing contest for stuff again. Harbaugh!
How this works again:
- Readers predict the final score of a designated game by placing a guess in the comments, preferably in the format of [M score][hyphen][Opp score], for example "41-30" or "35-31 Michigan", or "28-24 Go Blue", or "38-0 Harbaugh!" etc.
- The three guys who read this part holler at people who post in a different format
- First five people (by timestamp) to post a particular score have it.
- If you got it right, I contact you for an address by your MGoBlog account email, and you give me some time to get that to you.
- If nobody got it right or I don't hear from the winner(s) we push it to next week or let it go.
About Last Time:
This Week's Game:
@Utah on a Thursday night and I'm not even mad.
And on the Line:
FIVE!!! That is 5/cinco/1-2-3-4-5 copies we have to give out this week to five different winners. So here's the deal: this time you can choose the same score as someone else did, because the closest five to the final score get copies of
Endzone Brandon's Lasting Lessons.
This is the Dave Brandon book, with the How Harbaugh Happened story to finish it. I'll save the deep stuff for my upcoming review of it, and Bacon never puts it this way, but the gist of the story is how the organism that is Michigan athletics contracted NFL disease then fought it off. The thing about it is Bacon talked to everybody! Groups of former players from different eras, the leaders of the students, the bloggers, the program insiders, the old guard, the university's leaders, and yes, the people inside both Martin's and Brandon's athletic department when Michigan skewed into its tangent.
Contest fine print: One entry per user. First user to choose a set of scores wins, determined by the timestamp of your entry (for my ease I prefer if you don't post it as a reply to another person's score--if you do it won't help or hurt you). Deadline for entries is 24 hours before the start of the game. MGoEmployees and Moderators exempt from winning. The algorithm finds the winners as it chooses. The algorithm is self-correcting. The algorithm is back! This is not the algorithm. But it will be again soon.