|Last week's ballot|
Dropped Out: Mississippi (#9), Florida State (#14), Notre Dame (#25).
This week, I totally scrapped what I had before, and went by a strict-ish resume ranking. The table I used can be seen after the jump. There are some big movers.
- Virginia Tech: They have two of the best wins in the country, plus their only loss was at a neutral site to my #1 team.
- Houston: Knocking off a second BCS opponent (one expected to be pretty good, if not contend for a conference title) sees them jump up a bit.
- Iowa: The win over Penn State finally gives them a victory big enough to warrant a top spot on the blogpoll. They're also one of the few teams in the country with wins over 3 BCS conference teams.
- LSU: They also have 3 wins over BCS foes, though none as impressive as Iowa's.
- Oklahoma State: I'm not sure how I feel about them rising. I guess the loss to Houston is a little more excusable since the Cougars are looking like legit competition so far. Oklahoma State still just has one big win over a "meh" Georgia team and then a couple cupcakes.
- Cal: They were rocked by Oregon. Given the circumstances, I may even drop them a little closer to Oregon in the poll. However, they have two wins over BCS-level competition (as much as Maryland and Minnesota can be described as such), including one away at a sucky time for a West Coast team.
Anything else need to be explained or changed? Let me know.
|1||Alabama||34-24 VT||35-7 Arkansas||40-14 Florida Int||53-7 N Texas|
|2||Florida||23-13 Tennessee||41-7 Kentucky||56-6 Troy||62-3 Charleston|
|3||Texas||34-24 Texas Tech||59-20 Monroe||41-10 Wyoming||64-7 UTEP|
|4||Virginia Tech||31-7 Miami||16-15 Nebraska||52-10 Marshall||24-34 Alabama|
|5||Houston||45-35 Oklahoma St||29-28 Texas Tech||55-7 NW St|
|6||Cincinnati||47-15 Rutgers||28-18 Oregon State||28-20 Fresno State||70-3 SEMO|
|7||Boise State||19-8 Oregon||51-34 Fresno||49-14 BGSU||48-0 Miami OH|
|8||Iowa||21-10 PSU||27-17 Arizona||35-3 Iowa State||17-16 N Iowa|
|9||TCU||14-10 Clemson||30-14 UVA||56-21 Texas State|
|10||USC||18-15 Ohio State||56-3 SJSU||27-6 Wazzou||13-16 Washington|
|11||LSU||31-23 Washington||30-26 Miss State||23-9 Vandy||31-3 UL Lafayette|
|12||Miami (FL)||34-17 Ga Tech||38-34 Florida State||7-31 Virginia Tech|
|13||Oklahoma||45-0 Tulsa||64-0 Idaho State||13-14 BYU|
|14||Penn State||28-7 Syracuse||31-6 Temple||31-7 Akron||10-21 Iowa|
|15||Ohio State||30-0 Illinois||38-0 Toledo||31-27 Navy||15-18 USC|
|16||Oklahoma State||24-10 Georgia||41-24 Rice||56-6 Grambling||35-45 Houston|
|17||Cal||35-21 Minnesota||52-13 Maryland||59-7 E Washington||3-42 Oregon|
|18||Auburn||41-30 West Virginia||49-24 Miss State||37-13 La Tech||54-30 Ball State|
|19||BYU||14-13 Oklahoma||42-23 Colorado St||54-3 Tulane||28-54 Florida St|
|20||Georgia||41-37 So Carolina||20-17 Ariz State||52-41 Arkansas||10-24 Oklahoma St|
|21||Michigan||38-34 Notre Dame||31-7 W Michigan||36-33 Indiana||45-17 E Michigan|
|22||UCLA||19-15 Tennessee||23-9 Kansas State||33-14 San Diego St|
|23||Oregon||42-3 Cal||31-24 Utah||38-36 Purdue||8-19 Boise|
|24||Georgia Tech||24-7 No Carolina||30-27 Clemson||37-17 Jax State||17-33 Miami FL|
|25||Missouri||37-9 Illinois||31-21 Nevada||27-20 BGSU||52-12 Furman|
|Ole Miss||45-14 Memphis||52-6 SE Louisiana||10-16 So Carolina|
|Nebraska||55-0 UL Lafayette||49-3 Florida Atl||38-9 Ark St||15-16 VT|
|Kansas||35-28 So Miss||44-16 Duke||34-7 UTEP||49-3 Northern Co|
|Notre Dame||35-0 Nevada||33-30 Michigan St||24-21 Purdue||34-38 Michigan|